Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 286 - A Day By Myself

I got up early to go to work this morning. Work was easy, I started at 5:30 and was finished by 9AM. That’s the good thing about getting up early. So, I drove home, and made breakfast and then started a load of clothes in the washer and began to clean house. I did the dishes and folded other clothes. The only thing that I didn’t do was to iron my shirts. I’ll have to do them on Monday. It was nice being through so early. It was almost like having the day off.

This afternoon after it warmed up a little I rent for an hour run. I don’t know exactly how far because I didn’t look at my GPS distance. Over the last 10 years I have gotten slower, buy at least one to two minutes a mile. The problem is that I tend to judge my distance by the time I ran 10 years ago. It’s very evangelistic, but not very accurate. So, I just ran an hour, I don’t know how far. After I had cooled down, I went for a ride on my Harley. It’s the longest ride that I have had since I got the bike. I rode through some back roads up to the Harley Davidson Dealership north of Cartersville. I also got on I 75 for about 4 miles. That was not fun. I was going 70 in the right hand lane and it didn’t really feel comfortable. I know that I will have to ride on the expressway sometimes, but it will be out of necessity, nor for the fun of it. Anyway, I rode for about two hours and I had a great time. It was such a beautiful day.

I had a surprise tonight in the back yard. I was going to marinate some chicken and then grill it. But I realized that I didn’t have any Jalapeño peppers. So I went down in back to check the two plants that I had. Now I haven’t been in the back since before I went to Australia. So I figured both the plants were dead. Well, to my surprise, both plants were loaded with huge peppers. I think that I picked at least ten big peppers. So I was able to use one in my sauce for the chicken. I grilled about three chicken breast tonight. That should last me for a few days, maybe longer.

The only negative about today was watching Tech play so badly against Clemson. But after that I watched a movie and then some of my TV shows that I have taped on the PVR. I’m so far behind, I’ll never catch up, but that’s all right. So here I am, staying up too late. But tomorrow will be a full day. I have church; reach out at L5P; and then training for Healing ministry. But I am off from work both tomorrow and Monday. It is going to be a good day. I can’t wait. Today, I was home all by myself, and that’s OK. Nine months ago, that would have been hard. I am growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment