Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 282 - Believing the Promises

What are you believing God for today? Is it for healing? Is it for provision? Maybe it’s for a new job. Maybe your child is sick or you are sick. Maybe you are believing for the salvation of a loved one. The big question for all of us tonight is this. Have we got promises from God that haven’t been answered? If so, what are we believing? Are we believing what God promised us, or are we believing what we are seeing right now? We are living in a world that is constantly bombarded by fear. Fear of losing our job; fear of losing our house; fear of cancer and all the other fears that are pushed upon us by CNN, FOX and all the other news stations.

We as a people are bombarded constantly by bad news. Bad news sells. Good news doesn’t make the headlines. I have to ask myself, sometimes more than once a day, where I my focus. I want my focus to be on all the promises that God has given me about my family and myself. Many of the promises that He gave Julia and I have been fulfilled. But there are many that are still out there, waiting for the fulfillment. I have a choice to make. Do I believe that the promises are real and will come to pass, or do I believe what my eyes tell me right now? Which is the greater reality? The promise that has yet to be fulfilled, or the situation that I see right now in the “natural”?

The scripture says: “For we walk by faith and not by sight.” Do we? Do I? I would like to think that I do, but if I did then fear would have no hold on me. I have to admit that sometimes fear does have a grip on me. But every time that I realize that I am walking in fear, I have to repent and choose to walk in faith, believing the promises. So as I go to bed tonight, I want to meditate on some of the promises that He has given me. I want to just rest in His goodness and His love for me and everything that I love. He is good, and He is in a good mood. I just want to see His face smiling at me as I fall asleep tonight. What are you going to choose to believe today?

No comments:

Post a Comment