Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 283 - Secretariat

I worked today, but went straight to the movie from work. I have heard very good things about this movie (Secretariat) but I wasn’t really sure what to expect. Well, I was blown away. This is so much more than a movie about a horse. It's about following your dreams and having the heart to go after your destiny no matter what the odds. The theme song in the movie “It's Who you Are” is all about identity and the willingness to be who God made you to be. No excuses, and no regrets.

The movie leaves me with many thoughts to ponder. One of these is “How big is my heart? Am I willing at all costs to follow my dreams and go after the destiny that God has placed in front of me? Am I willing to pay any price, knowing that He has good intentions for me, and even though I might be giving up a lot, it will all be worth it in the end. You see the movie was about a horse with a heart too big to lose. But it was so much more than that. It was about a woman who was willing to pay the price to be who she had been raised to be. She was willing to risk the status quo to follow after a dream, even when all the odds were against her. At the same time, she never lost sight of who she was before the dream.

I guess it hit home for me because it’s where I am right now. I really feel that God is refining and defining my dreams and I need to have the heart to run as hard as I can after them once I know the clear direction. I truly do feel like a kid sometimes wondering what he will be like when he grows up. It seems pretty ridiculous for someone my age, but at the same time pretty exciting. How much heart do you have, do I have? Do we have as much as a horse that loved to run? We have to learn to love to run. To run the race that Papa calls us to. The thing is, we all run different races and my race will probably look nothing like your race. But it takes passion. Passion is the wood that fuels the fire in our heart. Don’t ever let your passion die out.

Some one asked me the other night this question: How do you know if your dreams are from God? Good question and it’s really hard to answer. The only way I could answer it was to tell them this. Keep your focus on Him and His love. The more you spend time with Him, and He becomes your passion, the more His dreams for you become your dreams. Don’t wait for a green light to move. Keep moving until you get a red light. You will get much more accomplished that way. Don’t be afraid to fail. Failure is not in failing; failure is in not trying! Are you willing to go after your dreams? If you are not, no one else will!

No comments:

Post a Comment