Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 278 - Night Ride

I’m sitting here about to start writing. It’s been a long day but a good day. I had small group last night and Sozo tonight. So that means that Wed night is the only night I have had off this week. I’ve got an A period both tomorrow and on Sunday, so I don’t know when I’ll get any rest to speak of. It all starts again Sunday afternoon with outreach in Little Five Points. Scott and Lacey are in Daytona ministering there during bike week. If I wasn’t working I would like to be there with them. It should be fun. Well, tonight was fun. I rode the Harley to church for my Sozo and then rode it home. It’s amazing how cold it gets on a bike at night. One thing is for sure; I don’t have to worry about falling asleep while I am riding. I can tell that I am going to be a “fair weather” biker. Why torture yourself by riding in the rain or cold? Well, maybe in the clod as long as the sun is shining brightly. Tonight even in 60 degree weather, the wind chill factor going 45 MPH is 42 degrees. But if it’s 50 degrees outside then the wind chill at 45 MPH is 23 degrees, Big difference! That’s why I will probably stay a fair weather rider. Even though it is late, I’m glad that I am working early tomorrow morning. That means that I have the afternoon free. I can maybe get another run in and watch some football,. Who knows, maybe I can get another ride in this weekend. I know the weather is going to be beautiful.

Tonight I worked with Doug in the Sozo. It’s always interesting to see how God uses each of us in such different ways. Life is like that. Wee all get worried thinking that we won’t be used, or aren’t good enough, When really God has His plan worked out, and if we would just allow Him to move in our life, we would see great things happen. He went a different route that I would have taken. But the end result was that God showed up and freedom came. I’m beginning to learn, slowly sometimes, that my way isn’t the only way. It’s taken me a long time but it’s finally sinking in. Well, I don’t think my way is the only way all the time. If I did, I would never be any good as a team member. But still, you know what I mean. We all think that we are right most of the time. And even when we let some one else do it differently, it still bothers us. We have to realize that a God who creates millions of galaxies also creates millions of different ways to do things. The good news is that He lets us be a part of his plan. That is the good news.

I got to talk with Jennifer and Lisa today. I sure do miss seeing them and all the grandkids. Hopefully in November I will be able to get to both homes to see them all. The are the real treasures in my life. I know that they are going through the same things I am on a different level. Just today at work I wanted to call and talk with Julia. Instantly I realized that wasn’t going to happen. I know that releasing their mom must be very hard. I remember when mom died, it was like she was still around, but I just hadn’t seen her. I don’t know how long it took to really sink in that I couldn’t call her and I wasn’t going to see her on the weekend. My prayer is that in the timing of the Lord, they will be able to release Julia and the pain of their loss will subside. But I don’t think that will happen until after Christmas. I am so glad that we will all be together for Christmas. According to Lisa, Anna Roan is planning out each day, what we are going to go, what we are going to eat and what we are going to bake. This should be interesting.

Well it’s 11:15 and I have to be up at 3AM, so I had better stop and get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment