Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chicago

Well, Here I am sitting in a hotel room in Chicago. It’s really hard for even me to believe I was just in Atlanta for less than 48 hours. In July we spent 15 days out of the Continental United States. I think that since about the 19th of June I have only spent 14 days in my house. Now I will be here until the night of the 4th and then we go to VA on a bike trip from the 9th to the 12th. I’m not sure, but this might be one of the busiest times that I have had. It will be good to slow down, but school is just around the corner and there is no slowing down there. But so much for that.

I’m here in Chicago because I believe History will be made here this week. Jesus Culture Awakening is here at the Allstate arena. Probably 17000 people will pack out the stadium to here Bill Johnson, Rinehart Bonnke and others. It will be 17000 Revivalist of all ages coming to worship and pray together. The Jesus Culture Band and Hillsong United from Australia will be leading the worship. It will be loud and the place will be rocking. It will be exciting and fun. Many people will be propelled into their destiny with God. I can’t wait to be a part.

The bad news is that I have to leave in the middle of it. I have to work on Friday so I will have to leave on Thursday afternoon. I really hope to hear Rinehart Bonnke. Many people don’t even know his name, but he has led more people to the lord than Billy Graham. His crusades in Africa and other third world countries are amazing. Here is one of his quotes, my favorite one so far: “I can’t purr like a cat when millions are perishing everyday … I want to roar like a lion!” I need to get more of what this man carries. There are other fathers and mothers of the faith as well. Lou Engle, Cindy Jacobs are a few more. It will be an exciting time. Imagine, 17000 Revivalist in one building; all with a common vision of the Kingdom of God invading the Kingdoms of this world.

Tomorrow though, Scott will be teaching around 2000 young students about outreach and going into the streets to pray for people. They will spend the morning in training, and then spend all afternoon in the streets. Tomorrow night they will come together to give testimonies of the goodness of God as He heals, saves and delivers many in the Chicago area. This is just a precursor of what He is about to do nationwide. We are truly on the edge of a great revival. The world is getting darker, but the light of the Church as it brings the Kingdom of God into the world is getting that much brighter.

But my main focus tomorrow is to help get our BASSM booth ready for tomorrow night and the rest of the meetings. We want to have a presence here so that we can let many of these people know that we exist. We want people to know about us so that we can impact others in a greater way. So we figure the best way to do that is to let others know what we are doing. So I will be working tomorrow between the meetings to get things ready for tomorrow night and the remaining week. I’m excited, and as much as I want to be home, I know that I am where I am supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment