Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Still Time

I remember as a child going to the Fox Theater as a family and watching the movie “On The Beach”. I know Fred Astaire was in it. I think Gregory Peck and some other really good actors were also. It was about the end of the world. The atomic world had taken place, and Australia was the only place left where people were alive. It was a very good movie even though it was very depressing and had a bad ending.

I can still remember the song “Waltzing Matelda” that was sung at the bars in the doomed country. I also remember the Salvation Army on the streets with a big banner saying “There is Still Time Brother” At the end of the movie when every body was dead, the wind blew over the empty square and that sign was eerily blowing in the wind. There is still time brother, right up until time runs out.

The problem is that for most of us, we don’t realize that it is running out. Julia didn’t realize it and neither did I. She was healthy right up to the very end. I have many dreams and I know that Sheryl does too. I have the dreams of a twenty year old. The only problem is that I am not twenty anymore. So I have to dream faster and work smarter to see them come to pass. I know that they all will not come to pass, and I have to accept that fact, but at the same time I have to work at them like they will all come to pass. Otherwise, they would never come to pass.

So here I am, interviewing for school, getting ready to teach. I’m doing sozos and still working. I love passionate worship, although the last two weeks I have been exhausted after our services. I know that I am loved by a beautiful woman and I love her dearly. And yet I am so blessed to have been loved by another beautiful woman that I passionately loved as well. The blessings of God are too great to count. I look at my inheritance and I am glad to hve been alive for so long. And yet, I feel that there is so much more to do.

I work and play as hard as I can because I know that time is passing by and I don’t really know how much is left. But as I press into His love, I do know this: “There is still time brother”. What are you going to do with it? That is the real question, isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment