Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shooting at Wolf Creek

I have to admit it. In many ways, I am a loner. I don’t necessarily think that it is a good thing. In fact, it might be one of my major weaknesses. But I had rather ride alone, run alone and be alone than to hang out with a group. I tend to get frustrated with all the dynamics that go along with a group. If I’m in a group, I want to lead. I especially find it hard to be in a group when I have no say so as to what we are going to do.

Having said that, I went to the Bethel Atlanta Men’s outing today. We had almost 30 men show up at the Skeet shooting range, and we had a great time. I said that I didn’t like small groups. I didn’t say that I totally avoided them. Sometimes they are very necessary. Today was one of those days. It was important that we had some time together as friends and brothers. It was just as important that we learn more about each other. We as a church are on the cutting edge of all that is going on in this Kingdom movement and we, as men, need to know and be able to trust each of you.

So here I am, the oldest of the bunch by at least 20 years, ready to press in to all that the leaders desire for us to do today. It probably should feel odd that I am so much older that the rest, but it really doesn’t bother me. I can keep up with any one of you as the day progresses. I got my first test a little after 10:25AM. That’s when it was my time to shoot. We were shooting 12 gage over/under shotguns and they seemed to have much up keep way already spoken it on.

So here we are, waiting to shoot. I did much better tan I thought that I would, I hit most of the targets. I was really amazed at how good I actually shot. But the bad news is that my shoulder hurt really bad. We eventually shot over 100 shots a piece, but I ended up with a real sore shoulder. It’s pretty bruised and I am really glad that we are not going to be shooting tomorrow,
Still, it was a great day. Especially since I was able to ride my Harley in both directions. Sure it was hot, but still very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment