Monday, August 8, 2011

Va Creeper Trail Ride

For the third year in a row I leave tomorrow for the hinterlands of Virginia. We will be riding down Whitetop mountain and on the rail bed between Damascus and Abbington Va. It is beautiful country. The rides will be spectacular and we will have a great time. There are12 people going and we are renting two houses. We will all cook and hang out in the big house. It has a great porch and we will spend the evenings outside talking and just relaxing. It will be Sheryl’s first time, and I know that she is a little anxious as to whether she can keep up, but I know that she will do fine.

The remoteness of the area makes it challenging for all of us with high tech phones, computers, ipads or whatever. AT&T’s service is nonexistent there and the wireless availability is very sparse. I do know of one coffee shop (not a Starbucks) that has free WiFi. If I get to do my blog, it will probably be posted the next morning. I’ll just have to wait and see. I might miss a day or so, but bear with me, I will be back as soon as possible.

Today we had staff meetings for school. It is going to really be good this year. I can’t wait to see how many students we have for first year. I know that we are ahead of the pace that we had last year, but this last month is where it usually builds up. We will see how it goes. I counted and we have 10 first year applications from RiverStone this year. We might have a couple more. I’m not sure how many second years, maybe 7. The RiverStone connection is still strong. I pray that it remains so. It will benefit both churches and the body of Christ in Atlanta.

Well, it is late, and I have a 5 hour drive ahead in the morning. So it’s off on another adventure. So far this summer has been one big adventure. No since stopping now.

No comments:

Post a Comment