Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 295 - November 1st???

Where does the time go. I just have a hard time believing that it is already November. Well, it looks like the weather is going to make me believe it tomorrow if the cold and rain come in like it is predicted. It sure was nice today. I wonder when we will have another day as nice. As I look ahead for this month I just have to put some time aside for some Christmas shopping. I’m going to greenvile this weekend and then to the girlls over thanksgiving. I want to be complete before I go to the girls. I have to get busy. Both Jennifer and Anna Roan have birthdays before Christmas too. Even as I write this, I’m beginning to panic. No, I can get it all done. I will get it all done. There is plenty of time, I just have to be focused.

But bigger things loom on the horizon. Things that I know I will be writing about over the coming weeks. I can begin to feel it. I’m thinking more and more about Julia as the Holidays come closer. I miss her presence and her ability to get all the Christmas shopping done and all the presents wrapped. All I had to worry about was her present. Of course I helped, but the pressure wasn’t on me. But just her absence from my day to day life as the holidays come. We loved Thanksgiving and Christmas. This was probably some of our favorite times of the year. Julia would make her famous cocoanut cake. She loved to cook Thanksgiving Dinner and especially loved having all the family over for Christmas. I’m looking forward to all the holidays, I really am, but I know that there is going to be a big hole missing from my heart as we celebrate this year. We will have fun, that is what she wants us to do, but she will be sorely missed.

I was talking to Jennifer the other day, or maybe it was in an email. She said that she was beginning to think about Julia more as the holidays got closer. I’m sure that is the same for all of us. So as we go through November and December we will all have our moments. I just have to keep reminding myself how blessed I was and how blessed I am; because I really am blessed.

Tonight at school was great, but I’m too tired to really go into it now. I have to get up super early and it’s already late, so this is going to be it for tonight. I know that God is good, and He will sustain and bless us as we move into these next few months. I just have to start my Christmas shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment