Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 301 - Eastern Standard Time

This morning we “fell back” off Daylight Savings Time back into Eastern Standard Time. While I admit that I enjoyed the extra hour of sleep this morning, it was a high price to pay for the early evening darkness that we will have to suffer through until mid march. Sure, it get’s light earlier in the morning, but it seems like it doesn’t get light that early, but gets dark so much quicker. Each year at this time Julia and I would have this conversation between ourselves. We both hated going to Standard time and always lamented the fact that we had to change. It just makes winter seem that much colder and that much gloomier. Well since I didn’t have her to complain to, you got to hear my annual complaint. Well, there is nothing that I can do about it anyway, so tomorrow night it will just be dark before I get to school. It will get darker sooner and sooner until Dec 21st when it will slowly begin to get lighter. But the real shift won’t occur until mid March when we finally come to our senses and go back to Daylight Savings Time. I can’t wait.

Today was another very busy Sunday. 11AM church at RiverStone was good and ended at 1PM then the drive over to Little Five Points for outreach. The teams had a good day. There were a number of healings, and a lot of love released in the area. We left there around 4:40 and went back to RiverStone for FaceDown. FaceDown is our monthly Sunday night meeting where we focus on worship and prayer. It is a two-hour service that consists of a lot of worship with focused prayer. The prayer focus tonight was for our nation. It was great and I am glad I went, even though I was very tired. So here I am about to start another week. I work four days this week: Monday; Tuesday; Thursday and Saturday. Hopefully it won’t be too tiring. The good news is that I don’t have any early mornings for the next few days. I really like them most times, but on the days that I have school, they are very hard.

I am sitting here by the fire resting as I write. The Holy Spirit’s presence is really strong and I really feel more like listening to the music and reflecting than writing. I wish that everyone could know the goodness of God and feel His pleasure the way I do right now. There is no way that they couldn’t believe if they could experience this. His love for us is just so great, and for the most part, we never really understand the depth of it. I think I understand it best when I think of my children and grandchildren. I would do anything for any of them, and I know that I God’s nature, He loves us.

Just thinking about His love, makes me miss my girls even more. I am really looking forward to seeing all of them at the end of the month. Julia is starting to walk and I haven’t seen her do that yet. Adair is running and I haven’t seen her race. There are things that Meleah and Anna are doing that I am missing also. But just to be with them for a few days will be so great. I think that’s it for tonight. I need to get ready for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment