Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 314 - Priceless

I love the old MasterCard commercial. Today my version would go something like this. Hotels – 84.00; Rental car – 40.00; Watching Adair run a new PR of 20:10 and leading her cross country team to 6th place in the FL Sate finals – PRICELESS. It really was priceless, not only to see Adair run, but to spend time with Meleah and Jennifer last night and this morning. It was such a beautiful morning to watch the sun rise, and see the fog out in the field at the farm where the races took place. The only thing that would have made it better was to have had Julia by my side cheering with me. I know that in the Spirit, she was right there, but sometimes you really need someone you can touch and talk to whenever you want. I still miss her so much. I am so blessed by God to have everything that I need, and everything that I could possibly need. I guess the question is what about our wants. I know that I often want something that I don’t need.

I went over to the Cones for dinner tonight. It was all of the old gang. It’s before Thanksgiving and it was good to be together. We probably won’t be able to get together for Christmas anyway. We were to busy last year, and I’m sure it will be the same again. It was good to see and talk to everyone, it really was. But in tines like these, I really miss Julia. I miss her because I know how much she would have enjoyed tonight. I made Guacamole, and it turned out pretty good. I guess Julia did teach me some things about cooking, but I don’t think that means that I am up for making a cake. But it is Thanksgiving and we do need a Coconut cake sometimes during the holidays. I wonder if I could make it. Probably not, but it would be fun trying.

It’s really amazing that such little random thoughts can have such an influence in our lives. This afternoon I was ready to come to work and take care of the house when I heard a radio commercial about visiting Legal Seafood over by the Olympic Park. It was just nice listening to them talk about the restaurant. As I though about how good Legal Seafood is, I realized how much Julia was a part of anything that we did tonight. That little add made me remember going with John and Biddie to that same restaurant this time last year.

We had eaten at Legal Seafood in Washington, and loved it. The waiter there had told us about a Legal Seafood in Atlanta. We were shocked, but when we got home, we decided to look for it. We did find it, down by the GA Aquarium. It was a great night out and we really enjoyed ourselves. It’s hard to believe that it’s been about a year since we went there. Just little memories have the ability to flood my emotions and bring back such vivid memories. All day, especially the party tonight has stirred up such good memories. The memories are all good. Sometimes they just hurt a little more than you think that they should. Well it’s very late and I have been up almost 21 hours and it’s time to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment