Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 298 - Va Tech 28 - Ga Tech 21

I don’t know when I have enjoyed a game more than this game tonight, even though we lost. For the first time this year I saw passion and drive from this Ga Tech team. It was the best game that they have played this year, and I truly believe if their quarterback (Joshua) hadn’t been injured at the end of the first half they would have won. Sorry John, for the first time this year I think that GT has a chance to beat the dogs if Joshua gets well by then. Next week against Miami might be tough if he isn’t ready though. I do truly believe that if Joshua comes back, we will beat Ga or in other words, cross over into the promised land : > )

So much for football scores, but there is much to learn form the commitment and passion that the teams play with. Why can we get so passionate about a sport that is played by 18 – 22 year olds. In the south especially, football is really more of a religion than Christianity. Don’t get me wrong, I love college football. It’s my favorite sport to watch. But how does it effect my destiny. It doesn’t. I really regret my early years at Tech. I was given a great singing voice by God, but in two years at Tech, I had ruined it by yelling too much at football games. Even now when I think about it, I wasted a great talent that God had given me, for what? Sure, I still have a pretty good voice, but any hope of the real destiny that I might have had was wasted long ago.

We do this all the time; we get so caught up in the moment that we don’t realize that we are selling out our destiny. The good news is that our Papa can redeem anything. I may not be able to sing, but I can worship! When I worship, iti’s like I get the voice I used to have, but when I try to sing anywhere else, it’s terrible. Does this make sense, of course not! But what happens in the Kingdom is not normal. We need to learn to expect the unexpected as we worship and call forth the Kingdom of God.

Today was a good day, but I was totally exhausted. I got home at 12, and really didn’t do anything all day. I kept falling asleep. I did take a couple of naps. It’s funny, I feel more alive now at 11:46 than I did all day. Tomorrow I leave for Greenville. It will be fun, but we probably have too many people going, so I probably won’t get to minister too much. But just hanging out will be fun.

Well it was a good day, and although I didn’t do much I was just glad to be in the presence of the father. Truly God is good, and we really need to learn to understand how good he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment