Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 310 - Break the Box!

Do you have God in a box? I do. It’s a bigger box than it used to be, but it’s still a box. I don’t want to, and I constantly do everything I can to tear down the box, but I think that most all of us have God in a box. In many ways it’s the only way that we can understand Him. He is so big, and so awesome that we put Him in a box to define him and try to understand Him.

The quickest way to tear down the box is to realize that “His ways are not our ways, and His thoughts are not our thoughts”. That’s our problem. At least that’s my problem most of the time. I want to understand; probably we all do most of the time. But there are many things that we can’t understand. Sometimes we just have to believe. We have to believe in His goodness. We have to believe, choose to mix our faith with what we know. Tonight in our bible AMT we were talking about the covenant that God made with Abraham. The only thing Abraham had to do was believe. That covenant is the basis of the new covenant. We must believe. Believe that He is who He says He is and that He died not only for our sins, but total salvation (sozo). He died so that we could be saved, healed and delivered. But to do this, we need to allow Him out of the Box that we have Him in.

Tonight I am going to ask Holy Spirit to show me the boundaries of the box that I have made for God. I know that He will. I’ll ask Him to tear the box down and help me to believe in the areas that I have not believed. Sure, probably in another month I will have built another box. It’s something we do. So we constantly have to evaluate how we are limiting God in our life. We constantly have to break the box and allow God to move in ways that we haven’t seen before. I think it’s just human nature to rebuild the box, but it is by the Spirit of God that we break the box. So I challenge you as well as myself. Break the Box!!

Tonight was a fun night at school. In advanced prophetic we listened to songs and tried to perceive what was going on in the writers mind and spirit. We also practiced giving prophetic words based on pictures that we saw. It’s amazing what the Holy Spirit will use to release a word for someone. Then we went to our AMT and like I have already said we were focusing on Galatians 3 and Genesis 12 – 15. We were bringing the correlation of the covenant of Abraham and how it ties to the New Covenant. It was a good night and I learned a lot. Well we don’t have school next week because of Thanksgiving. I will miss it, but I’m so busy next week I’m sure I won’t miss it. Well, it’s late, and I have to go break a box!

No comments:

Post a Comment