Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 312 - A Seed Falls to the Ground

Julia and I have been leading small groups for over 25 years. It has been a great part of our life and ministry. The current group that we led along with John and Biddie has been meeting in some form for over five years. Tonight we let it go. By we, I mean John, Biddie, Julia and I. I know that Julia has been gone for over ten mong=ths, but she was still a big part of that group, just as she is still a big part of my life. It was time, probably past time in many ways.

You can only do so much, and when new things and priorities come on the scene, sometime old ones have to be released. That’s what happened to me with this group. I love all the people in it, and I do love leading it. I love the teaching and the ministry along with the worship. But I love what I am doing I school and traveling more. It’s just a matter of time. I wasn’t able to do it all and give the group my best. For the past 6 months, I have probably been missing from the meetings almost half the time. You can’t continue to lead like that. Sure God kept showing up. I know that we normally had between 30 – 40 people. But it was time. When I first talked with John and Biddie, I thought that maybe they would keep it going, but it was time for them too.

So, tonight was our last meeting except for a Christmas Party. It was a great night. Acts 7 was a great chapter to end on. We had a great time of discussion about Stephen and the Glory of God. The discussion was deep and detailed. It was obvious that everyone was really into this chapter. Then I taught and shared, mainly what I wrote in my blog. But I added this point. I can only imagine the passion that Stephen spoke with as he gave that message to the Jewish leaders. His heart was overflowing and I believe it was his passion as well as his words that infuriated the Jews so much that they had to kill him.

Then we worshiped and David, Julie, Suzanne and me formed a fire tunnel to impart and release people into their calling and destiny. It was powerful, Holy Spirit showed up and we were able to impart prophetically as well as spiritually as they went through. Each person went through slowly and we probably took almost an hour for everyone to get ministry. It was a great night.

I truly believe that as this group dies, the embers from it will fan flames of life into many other groups at RiverStone; life that will bring more love and passion as well as more of the Holy Spirit into the church. We have been living the book of Acts for over 5 years in our group. It’s like the church in Jerusalem; until it was scattered, Christianity never went to the nations. So, we will end with the Christmas Party in Dec. That will be fun. I’m sure that there will be Thursday nights when I will miss being with the group. Someday I will lead another, I know that. But for now, that season is closed and I will enjoy whatever God brings my way.

Well, tomorrow night I will be in Tampa to watch Adair run in the State Cross Country finals on Saturday morning. It will be fun to see the kids. It’s also the beginning of a season of travel for me that will last until Jan 1, 2011. It should be a funtime. But I know that I have to rest and pace myself to make it all work. Stephen was full of faith and power. That is what I want said about me. Make it so Lord, I a am willing to do what it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment