Monday, October 31, 2011


Well, tonight I am sitting in my rocking chair by the fire writing.  As much as things change, some things stay the same.  It’s the same rocker in a different house by a different fire.  But it is home.  This is the first night I have had to enjoy the furniture and TV in the living room at our new place.  Most things are the same, but with a few additions.  We are in the process of unpacking and consolidating our things.  I know that this will be an interesting time as we decide how everything will fit.  The kitchen is going to be especially hard because we have so much stuff and it is such a small kitchen.
 
For the most part, I think that I am going to like the house.  Sure it’s older and bigger, but it feels good.  I love the sun room, and the living room is workable.  The main issue is going up and down stairs to the bedrooms.   I try to work it so that I limit my trips upstairs and don’t go until I absolutely have to.  Tonight I have been able to stay downstairs.  I should be able to make it until bed time tonight, which isn’t very far away. 

The retreat was awesome, and makes me realize how much I really enjoy being a small group leader.  But as much as I enjoy it, it’s not the right season for that right now.  Maybe it will be in the future, but not right now.  But it is the right season for us to step into all that He wants us to do.  We will be closer rather than father to all that He is doing.  Sheryl’s and my destiny is down here, so it’s good to go ahead and make the move.  This week in Redding, I am looking for more of His word and grace to show us how to move into this next season.  It’s going to be exciting.  I’v been looking since before we started dating, and now it is here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment