Sunday, October 30, 2011

Victory

Ga Tech 31 – Clemson 17!  Wow! That just topped of a super weekend.  It’s been a long but restful day of eating and talking with other home group leaders and watching football.  We also spent some time down by the river around the fire pit.   Tonight I spoke and then I was able to watch the second half of the football game.

God is so good, and it is always fun when Holy Spirit shows up when I speak.  Tonight He was there and once again He directed what I said.  When He leads me, I can’t go wrong, and tonight He was leading and all I had to do is follow.  There was a great time of prayer and impartation afterward .  It was really a fun night.  Then we got to watch Tech beat the number 5 team in the nation.

Tomorrow we will have a morning service and drive back home.  It’s been a great weekend.  It would have been perfect if Sheryl could have been here.  Maybe next time.  I definitely want to come back to this place.  It would be a great place to bring the family and I know that everyone would love it..  This is a place where new life springs up in the spring, but where the autum brings beautiful color.  The leaves are beautiful as you look out across the river during the day.   

Speaking of new life, this year is definitely a year for new life for me.  New live and new beginnings.  These flow out of a time of transition.  The period of transition that I was in has given way to new beginnings and new life.  Just as it has been in my life, I feel that this is right where Bethel Atlanta is as a church.  We have just left a period of transition and are now entering this new life and new beginnings.  It’s going to bw an awesome ride, and I am glad to be a part of it.  God is putting all the pieces into place on His divine chess board.  Let the game begin;  there is victory in Him.  All we have to do is show up to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment