Sunday, October 23, 2011

Are You Hungry?


The question that keeps ringing through my head is this.  How much of God do I really want?  I say that I want as much of Him as I can have, but do I really? Am I hungry enough for more of His presence manifested in my life that I am willing to do what ever it takes to see Him work?  I don’t know.  I think so, but I don’t know.  But when I ask Holy Spirit I get the same answer.  Just be willing to do what I say when I say it.

You see, if I spend all my time naval gazing, I will never move into more of Him.  Instead I will spend all of my time wondering if I can.  But I know that it is in my weakness that He manifest my strength.  So, if I am willing to take that one step.  That one little step out of my comfort zone today, then my comfort zone expands.  Pretty soon my comfort zone includes more of the Kingdom, and so much more of His presence and power. 

Today we had Bobby Conner for church.  Then we got to attend a supper where he spoke to us as a leadership group.  He told us as a church to make our plans as if money was no object, Then when God provided, we will already be a step ahead in the process.  I believe the same should be said for our destiny.  Make plans as if God will provide everything we need. Not only money, but gifting and anointing.  If He has called  you to do it, He will provide a way for you to do it.   Most of the problem we have is really in the timing.  We are in the McDonald’s generation. We want it now.  God is restoring the Caleb generation.  I know that I am a part of this generation.  Caleb’s victory was delayed 40 years.  40 years of hope deferred.  Yet when the time came, he was ready willing and able.

We can’t allow ourselves the luxury of feeling sorry for ourselves or moving into disappointment and despair because we don’t see the instant victory.  We have to realize that we are in process, and just because we have a road map, we don’t know the time or season as well. Caleb was always ready willing and able.  So what if we wait 40 years to see the victory, there is no loss.  It’s all about the process and the journey.  He will provide the timing.  We must stay ready, willing and able.  Age is no barrier in the Kingdom.  It’s really all about doing what we can when we can.  It’s all about being vulnerable and open to the moving of the Holy Spirit in our life, today was a great day, and tomorrow night at school is going to be awesome.  It’s great to be alive in this time on the earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment