Saturday, October 1, 2011

Warm and Cozy

As much as things are changing, it’s nice for some things to remain the same; at least for now. Today is October 1st, and a tinge of fall is in the air. We just got back from dinner and fall is definitely in the air. In fact, it seemed down right cold outside. So, I came in to write my blog and really wanted to start a fire in the fireplace. So I did. Now I probably could get by without it, but I don’t know how many more nights I will be able to sit in this living room in my rocking chair by the fire. It’s not just warm and cozy temperature wise, I know that it is warm and cozy in my spirit.

I can’t think of how many nights I’ve sat just like this writing, thinking, praying and dreaming. This is a place where dreams have been formulated and where grief has been released. It’s a place where love has come to fruition as I began to think and dream about life again and Sheryl arrived on the scene. Yes, it is nice and cozy right here, and I will definitely miss it, so I will take advantage of the night.

That’s the way life is, it really is about change and our willingness to give up what is comfortable in order to press into what is new. The new might be much better than the old, but it’s still hard to do that and remain open to be loved and giving love. I just sit here looking at the fire and listening to music. The only difference is that Sheryl is here with me, but that does make all the difference, It’s the first time she has been here with the fire going. Her first time to experience all that I have experienced; watching the flame dance among the logs while you feel the warmth on the side of your face arms and legs.

In another month or so we will probably be sitting by another fire, in another house. Sure, it will be good, but it won’t be the same, will it? But that’s OK. It’s good to look back at the blessings you have had, and my time here in my rocker by the fire has been a blessing. But more than that, it’s time to move forward. I’m definitely ready for that too. October is a time of season change. Once again, the seasons in my life are changing. These are good changes, but changes nonetheless. Today we were cleaning out the basement and I came across some random stuff that really brought back the past. It was OK, but I know that it is time to move forward, and part of that move is the actual act of moving. I’m not looking forward to all the packing, but it will pass fast, just like the rest of life is doing right now. Well. It’s going to be an early night. I have a 3AM wake up for work in the morning. The good news is I will still be able to go to church tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment