Saturday, October 15, 2011

On Down, One To Go


Well, here we tonight, with a real bed in our new home.  The move from Sheryl’s to here was painless.  We were done in two hours.  It helped that we had almost all the boxes and her clothes already packed.  Schott, Oren, Hector and myself got all of the furniture loaded and unloaded and then we all went to lunch at Mellow Mushroom,  It was a good day with friends and family.  Speaking of family I got to talk with both Lisa and Jennifer today so I was glad to get to hear from them too.

This afternoon I got to try out that loop for a run.  It was a beautiful day, and it is a beautiful run of about 3.5 miles.  It’s very pretty, but it is pretty hilly also.  Anyway, it is going to be a good route to get a good workout.   I haven’t had such a close place since I moved away from the national park.  Anyway, it’s great to be able to just go outside and have such a great place to run.

I guess the real question is how is it going to be to live in a totally different part of the city when all of my friends that I have had forever still live up there?  The answer is, I don’t know.  I know that some days will be easy, and others will be harder.  It’s life, and life continues to bring change.  I love Sheryl, and I know that we need to be down here, so we are.  We will have to make a conscious effort to see each other.  But we have been friends for a long time, and our friendships will not end.  But being in this house makes me realize how right we are to be moving.  I love my old house, I really do, and Sheryl was a trooper being willing to stay in it.  But we need a place where we can become us, who we are now.  To stay for years in the other house would have not been fair for her.  She never said anything and she would have been fine with it, but I know now that we are doing the right thing.

S, we have one move down and one to go.  Sure the first was the easiest, but in many ways it was the hardest because it took a pushing out of our comfort zones to make it happen.  So, here we are.  I have to work early tomorrow, but I will save almost 30 minutes on driving each way.  That’s when there is no traffic.  What’s not to like about that.  It will only take me about 15 minutes to get to school.  It’s going to be great in that regard also.  So here we are, looking like it will be a great time.  I know that it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment