Monday, September 12, 2011

School Begins!

Today is the day that we have been pointing toward since I started the interview process back in late June. We have right at 100 students in all three years and I know that it is going to be a great year. It’s a little bit different being on the other side of the fence this year. Tonight my only responsibility was to get the night started with worship. But to do that I had to set the tone and stir up expectation of what was to come. My main task was to welcome the students and welcome Holy Spirit. Once worship started, I knew that it was going to be a great night. The last ten minutes of worship we went around giving the mike to different students having them sing prophetically over the class. It was a time of stretching and activation, right off the bat.

Steve and Scott got the year started off right by talking about expectations and dreams. They both did great and really set the bar high for the rest of the speakers. Tomorrow night Lacey and John will speak. I won’t speak until we go on the beach retreat. So I have a couple of weeks to get ready. At the end of Scott’s talk we had half the second year class get up and prophecy over the first years. I know a lot about them since I interviewed them. The prophetic words that were given were amazingly accurate. Second year rocked tonight.

I guess the thing I like best is the unity and love that the whole leadership team has for each other. Everyone is so willing to do anything to make the other one look good. It’s awesome! I love working with Scott and all the team, I know that it is really going to be a good year.
Well, I have an A period with a 3AM wake up tomorrow morning. I will judge by what time I get to work whether I can sleep later the next day. Anyway, I am going to close the blog early tonight so I can at least get four hours sleep. Hopefully I will be able to schedule a power nap tomorrow afternoon. I can sleep, dreaming of all that Papa is going to do this year. It’s going to be a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment