Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Packing for PCB

Well, I’m back up north tonight but I left my love back down in Newnan. I had to come up today so I could check the mail and then pack up for the beach retreat. I thought that I was going to have a day when all that I had to do was to work on my talk for Friday night, but I was wrong. I wound up responding to emails and phone calls from people who want to come to the school at the last minute. I have compassion on them, and will do everything that I can to help them, but it really messes up my day. I actually got three applications emailed to me tonight and I completed two interviews. So tomorrow I have one more interview to complete. That should be it, because we will not take any more students after the beach retreat this weekend.

Another thing that I really had to do was to pack for my trip and a few more days in Newnan. I’m almost packed now, so there isn’t really too much to do in the morning. That’s a good thing since I have another 3AM wake up in the morning. It’s easy to pack for the beach, it’s just that now I have to pack not only for the beach, but for a few days in Newnan as well. Sooner, rather than later, we are going to have to help see what He has for us. It’s been a very long day. I was blessed with a little nap this week so I can continue late into the night.

I’m working on my talk. It’s on fear, and I just know that many are going to be impacted as Holy Spirit speaks to them. The key verse will be 1 John 4:18. It’s about Perfect Love casting out fear. So even though it’s on fear, it’s really about the goodness of God. In order for us not to have fear, we have to have a proper view of Papa. My goal is to begin to tune them into this view. I know that it is going to be fun. It’s late, so I’m going to try and finish packing and go to bed. Hopefully I will have more time tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment