Monday, September 5, 2011

Countdown to School

Well, school starts next Sunday with orientation from 1 – 5PM. Then classes begin in full on Monday night. This is going to be a very busy week. I have at least 12 students to interview, plus we have the advanced Sozo conference at RiverStone on Thursday – Saturday. Luckily I only work at Delta one day next week. We will be up here on the north side all week except for the time when we go down for a Bethel Sozo meeting on Tuesday night. Still it is going to be a very full week.

But I am excited. The beginning of the year and a new class of students is very exciting, especially since I have interview almost everyone of them. They all come with their own story and testimony of His faithfulness. Each one comes with expectations about how Papa will meet then, and from past results, none of them will be disappointed.

Today was a great day. Worship down at Bethel Atlanta was really good, and then Blake Healy preached in Scott’s place because he was sick. He did a great job with the sermon. I hope he gets the opportunity to preach again. His use of humor mixed in with his relevant points kept people tuned in to what he was trying to say. His sermon was on honor, and how that works when you are hurt. It was a great time to hear this message from someone outside the usual cast of characters who usually preach.

Well, it looks like we will get a lot of rain tomorrow. We definitely need it, but it would have been nice to have a holiday that was dry. Well, I can’t complain. Back during the last drought, we needed rain so bad, and from the looks of things we were drifting back into a pretty bad drought. Oh well, it will be OK. I guess we will work in the basement anyway. Well, so much for my ramblings’ tonight. Hopefully tomorrow night I will have something more to say. But I don’t tonight, so I guess I’ll go to bed and get a good night’s rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment