Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ready for PCB

Well, I’m with Sheryl back down in Newnan tonight and I’m almost packed for the beach retreat. Scott, Lacey, Hector, Terri and I will be leaving for Panama City in the morning. It will probably take around 5 – 6 hours to drive but the weather looks great and it should be a great weekend. I hope the rain quits before we drive tomorrow. Today has been a good day. I was able to get a two hour nap this afternoon.

I am really excited about this retreat. We have a great group of students, and this should be a great time for us to really pour into them. They are like sponges right now, seeking more and more of God. I get the priviledge of starting the retreat off. I’m the first speaker tomorrow night and I really am praying that I can open them up to look inside and see wherer they are not believing the truth about their Father God.

Before they can learn who they are, they have to begin to really see who God is, and how much He really does love them. So my talk is about fear. But really it is about the perfect love of God, because perfect love cast out fear. So if I can show them how to connect with the Love of God, then He can deal with their fears. On Saturday we begin to talk about identity and Sonship. It’s the basis of our whole year, and it will set the tone for the year. So this will be a powerful and fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment