Friday, May 20, 2011

What Fuels Your Passion?

Tonight I heard a pastor talking about how our passion should flow out of the anguish that we had for all the sin on the earth. He said that we should be weeping and crying out to God to change America. He said a lot of other things that I didn’t remember, but I did remember these. I’m sure that his heart was right, He wants to see America brought into the Kingdom of God. But I believe His emphasis is on the wrong areas.

It’s hard to listen to things like this pastor was saying because I am so much against being forced into a relationship based on guilt. I believe that passion is not based on anguish. It’s just the opposite; passion is fueled out of love. It’s out of the love that He died for our sins, not out of Anguish over the sin. If we focus on the sin, we miss most of the goodness and grace of God. We need to focus on His love, and the Fathers’ heart. When we do that we can realize how much He loves us, and how much He wants to please us.

When light is released, darkness must flee. There is no fight. Poof, it’s done and light is now open. It’s the same way with the Father’s love. Once you know it and can taste it, there is no comparison. It’s not about crying, and fasting and anguishing about the situation that our country is in with all the sin. No, it’s about bringing His presence wherever we go to make a difference. It’s about releasing His love to all that need Him, and showing them the true heart of the Father.

I love God, and I know that His love is so good. It’s much better than we think. I just want to be able to release His love wherever we go. Life with God is a party in progress. So, I want to release a party in some way, no matter we have all night.

Well, it’s late, and I have an early morning, so it’s time to get to sleep. Needless to say that tonight was very good. It just gives me some more food to chew over until our next discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment