Monday, May 16, 2011

Resting in His Presence

One thing that I have really learned over this past year and a half is that no matter what I am going through, no matter what trials or what incidents arise, God is always Good. I have learned that my worth is not in my job; it’s not in what people think about me or even what those who love me think about me. My worth is in what Papa thinks about me; and He loves me.

As long as I understand that and focus on His love, I can do anything, go through anything and come out not only as a survivor, but thriving. I hope that all who read this post will let Him tell you how much He loves you. I pray that His love will so overwhelm you that you want be able to stand. That is jus what He is doing for me right now. Here I am writing and the presence of God’s love is just so strong I would have a hard time talking about anything else.

I can never allow my focus to be on anything other than His love. Sure, I have to do a lot of things and many of them are not fun. Many things that we do would draw our focus off of Him if we would let it, but I won’t let it. So here I am tonight after a very busy day, just resting in His presence. I know that no matter what happens, His love surrounds me and I cannot be touched. Sure, bad things will happen to us. After all we live in a fallen world. So we have to expect things to happen.

Sometimes we can be in a position that can temporarily overwhelm us. When I begin to get overwhelmed it is usually because I haven’t kept my focus where it needs to be. I find myself focusing on the problem and beginning to drown in despair. But when I change my focus and begin to focus on Him, things change. So I just have to remind myself that no matter what the circumstance, His presence is where I need to be.

There is no problem that is bigger than Him and His ability to overcome. These are exciting times and we just want to give Him the opportunity to release His presence and His grace. Hopefully I will continue to have fun for many years to come. Life is good, in good times and bad. The sooner we learn this, the better off we will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment