Monday, May 2, 2011

God Really is Good!

For over 16 months many of you have been reading this blog about how good God is. Well, tonight I want to tell you once again of His goodness to me. A goodness so great that I had a hard time understanding it and receiving it. I’ve heard it said that He is so good that our imagination can’t conceive of His goodness. This is so true, because never in my wildest imagination could I conceive of a plot like this. Put this storyline in a movie in your head and see if it makes any sense to you.

There is a man (me) who looses his best friend and ministry partner after 38 years of marriage. That loss is so sudden that He was totally unprepared for it. But through God’s grace and goodness He slowly is being healed over a year’s time. He still doesn’t even think he would ever want to fall in love again and get married. But He is involved in a couple of different ministries. He is involved in Soxo and BASSM. Both of them are key to all that God is doing in his life.

There is a woman who has been divorced for over 17 years. She had to get out of a terrible marriage. She too is totally dependent on God’s goodness. She never finds anyone that she is interested in and so she is single. She moves to Atlanta to be near her daughter, son in law and grandchildren. She is involved in the same ministries as the man.

So you see where this is going. I believe that God uses everything to increase His kingdom, even what the enemy meant for evil God uses for good. Both the man and the woman are robbed of their loves by the enemy. God then uses circumstances to bring them together. Why? I believe it is for two reasons. First to bring His love back into their lives in an even more tangible way. He loves them both so much that He wants to give them Jesus’ love in an even different way. He wants to give them love with “skin on”.

I have met this woman. Julia and I both knew her and liked her. We have everything in common. Spiritually and ministry wise we are a perfect match. I already love her daughter and son in law. We have so much in common it’s scary. In fact that was the very reason that I have been hesitant to pursue a relationship with her. I thought that something must be wrong, this relationship would be too easy. So I looked for reasons not to have it work. We saw each other a lot, and were constantly drawn into situations where we worked together. I did start seeing her for lunch after church and stuff like that, but I didn’t think it would work. But we were talking and I told her why I didn’t think it would work and she said something that totally flipped my life around. She said in great wisdom, “Don’t you think that God loves you enough to give you something easy for a change”?

That question hit me like a ton of bricks. Of course He loved me, and of course He would love to give me good gifts. Well since that conversation, my relationship has blossomed. God is good, and He does give good gifts. I believe that she is one of His gifts in my life right now. I could go on and on, but that’s enough news for tonight

All I know is this: God is good and He continually gives good gifts, even in relationships. We will have to see where this goes, but It is going to be a fun ride. We have really only been dating for a little while, but I am excited. I am feeling feelings that I thought I would never feel again. I’ve had more healing in the past month or so than I have in the past year. His love, through her, is bringing even more life back in my heart and wanting me to run after God even harder. His goodness is so great you cant even imagine it depth of it. I know, I’ve seen it at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment