Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Love Gives You Wings

I guess that I will write about love again tonight because that is pretty much where I am living these days. All day long I have been living in two areas. Of course I’m down here a the beach with John, Biddie, Bud and Cathy. We went to the Blue Angle show this morning. It was not that great because the weather didn’t cooperate. But later in the day we went to the beach and the hot tub. In the meat time we watched a couple of good movies. So it was good, but part of my heart was elsewhere. This is the first time in a long time that I felt that I had another part that was beating but in a different location.

Sheryl flew to California to meet see her son, daughter-in-law and grandsons. We were texting and talking off and on all day. In some ways that was great. We were able to stay connected, but it made me miss her even more. We watched Conspiracy Theory this afternoon. Cathy hadn’t seen it before. It was interesting that Mel Gibson’s character said that “Love gives you wings”. I think that is a true saying. Love makes you think that you are a super hero. It makes you feel that you can do anything. It makes you feel that you can fly, literally. If you jump of the Empire State Building, you won’t hit the ground, no you will be picked up and fly to safety.

That’s how I feel about life this morning. It’s like everything is good, even though I know it is not. Love truly does give you new lenses. You get lenses that you will be able to see the world in a totally different light. It’s a new way of doing business, and I am glad to be a part of the new way. So here I am, a new way for a new day. Yes it is a new day. It’s an exciting time and I just want to create memories. But Sheryl will be in Ca for the next week, and its hard to do that when she is so far away.

So, I look forward to another day at the beach. I really do look for all the fun we can have tomorrow, but I know that part of my heart will be in CA. That’s all right too because love really has given me wings. Wings to grow and change. Wings to adapt to anything I need. Yes, wings to grow. These are exciting times, and I am excited to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment