Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 255 - Peace

It’s late. I worked a “D” period tonight and didn’t get home until about 11:30 PM, so it will be after midnight when this is posted. I really do not working this late. It’s bad enough going to school late, let alone working. The good news is that I am off tomorrow. But I have a phone call at 7AM in the morning, so I won’t get to sleep too late. The phone call is to Steven Cooper, my “Life Coach”. One of the benefits of 2Nd year at the school is that you get 10 appointments with a life coach. I was joking with Steven at Panama City asking him if he was going to help me figure out what I was going to do when I grew up.

There is really more truth to that joke than you would imagine. A life coach helps you identify your strengths and your dreams. He then helps you design a plan to achieve your dreams. I’m excited to see how this will work and tomorrow morning is my first appointment. It is scheduled for an hour, and I don’t want to waste any of the time. I’ll probably get up around 6:15 to make sure I’m coherent when I talk with Steven. The appointments should be scheduled for every three weeks. I hope that will work with my schedule.

I’m watching the flights to Sydney really close. They are getting pretty full so I don’t think I will get Business Class. All I really need is a seat, and hopefully tht will happen Friday night. I don’t want to get stuck in Las Angeles. That would be the pits. Hopefully I will be able to make it Friday night. I would really like to be able to spend the two days in Sydney. I have heard that it is beautiful. Well, I will have to make that decision soon.

I had a peace today that I haven’t had in a while. I think it is because of what has taken place over the last few days. I’m totally focused on looking forward and that has centered me into my destiny. Hopefully Steven will help me understand just what that destiny is, and how to fulfill it. The difference between the younger students and me is that I am closer to my destiny than they are. So, when I look at long-term goals, I’m talking 15 – 20 years max, while they might be talking 30 -40 years. But that’s all right; I just want to use what I have to glorify Him.

I did get a ride in this afternoon before work. I didn’t go to the parking lot. Instead, I went to get gas, and then rode down 92 to Due West Rd. I went to Mars Hill Rd and Turned around and came back. It was my first venture into fast traffic and I felt pretty good. The ride itself was fun. The fastest that I got was 60 mph on Hwy 92. I pretty much stayed toe speed limit everywhere. That is how I plan to ride. I might speed in my car, but not on the motorcycle. When I ride the motorcycle, it’s for pleasure so I may as well enjoy it. It’s getting late, so I’m going to end this. I’m off tomorrow but I have a lot to do to get ready for the trip. Australia, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment