Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 253 - Truth You can Live By

My bed really did feel good last night. I got almost five hours of sleep. That’s pretty good for me on a day that I have to get up early. I hope that I can do as well tonight. It’s a big difference getting five hours of sleep vs. three hours of sleep. I didn’t even need to take a nap this afternoon. I was able to get a run in and them take my bike out for about an hour and a half.

I’m treating my bike like I would treat a new plane if I was being checked out on it. When you learn to fly a plane, a lot of the things you do are easy, and they come pretty naturally if you have ever flown before. But it’s mastering the hard things that make you an excellent pilot instead of a good pilot. I think riding a bike is the same way. I can be a good rider by just getting out and riding around. I’ll pick up enough to do it pretty well. But I want to be an excellent rider. To be an excellent rider means you have to practice. Practice turning, swerving, max breaking, slow tight turns and many other little things. That’s why over half of my time today was in a vacant parking lot working on these things. I did ride all around the Seven Hills Subdivision, and it is very bid. I also went way past it on Seven Hills Blvd. But most of my time was spent doing things like learning to start from a stop on a hill. Slow turns, figure eights. weaving, max breaking and other things that we practiced in the course. It’s a big difference being on my bike and the one we had at school. My bike has a lot of power, and the throttle control is very sensitive. That is the area that I need to most work on. My plan is to spend the next three days practicing and then riding a little farther out each time. I am definitely more comfortable today, and I expect that to continue.

I’ve spent most of the evening on the Internet looking at hotel prices and the flights. The flights are pretty tight, but I still think that I will get on. The cheaper hotel prices are nonrefundable so I don’t want to book them until I am sure, but I think that I will probably have to book them by tomorrow night at the latest. I really hope that I can get on early. Sydney will be a lot of fun. I also have to get a flight from Sydney to Brisbane. Well, I know that it will all work out.

I’m sitting here listening to Love came down, fingering my wedding ring that is on the chain around my neck. I look at the picture of Julia and I and I miss her so, but it seems like we have been apart much longer than we have. Am I going through another level where I begin to forget? I don’t want to forget. I know that I want forget, but I am afraid the intensity of our love and friendship is being lost. No matter how hard I try to maintain it, it seems to be slipping away. I can remember her, remember good times and even bad times, but the intensity is not there. I wish that there was some way to keep that intensity. I wonder if this is normal? I’m afraid that without the intensity she will begin slipping away from me. In many ways, this blog has kept that intensity going. Maybe it will continue it. But that is not really the purpose of the blog. If it is a result, that’s great.

I’m wondering what life is going to be like this time next year? I shouldn’t do that. I have too much to focus on right now, besides no one knows about next year, this year should at least teach me that. Yet at the same time I have to plan for my destiny. I have to press in to all God has for me. So as I look at Him, I can know without a doubt that He has good things in store for me and next year should be awesome. You see how easy it is to get off focus, but it is also just as easy to get back in focus. God is good and he works everything for good to those who love him. So I can overcome anything, knowing that God will use whatever it is to work together for good. That is truth, and I know that I can believe it. I have seen Him do it time and time again. That is truth you can live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment