Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 252 - Countdown to Australia

Well, here I am back in my rocking chair. I can’t explain the peace that overflows over me when I come back here after being gone. There is just something soothing about being here in the house listening to “Love Came Down”. I got home about an hour ago and I have a 5AM simulator. The fact that I don’t have school for the next two nights is a blessing as I begin to get ready to leave for Australia. So tonight, at least for the time that I am writing this, things are normal. Well at least as normal as they ever get with me.

As I reflect back to the weekend retreat, it was still as good as I thought it was when it was going on. We left around lunchtime so that I could get back to work. I got to meet and know some of the first year students, and bond with my second year class. Overall I feel that there is much better “community” in the school than there was last year. Maybe that’s just because I am trying harder to know other people. This morning we did devotionals and then Scott spoke about the Spirit of Adoption and how Father God has adopted us as His sons and daughters. He spoke about how special adoption is. Somebody has to go out of their way to adopt you. It’s harder than having a natural child. There are more legal ropes to jump through. His message made me think of my own Dad, and what he went through to adopt me. Adoption should form a special relationship, and it sure did in my case.

The ride home was uneventful and pretty easy. Brad and I shared the driving and w had some great conversations about the Toronto and Brownsville revivals. We were doing a lot of comparing about the good as well as the not so good. We also had some good times just sharing all that God was doing. It was great to have Peter and Masha with us to add to the conversation. It definitely made the time pass faster.

So, I work four out of the next five days and I will try to get on to the flight to Sydney, by way of Los Angeles, next Friday night. Last time I checked the flights were getting tight. All I need is one seat, preferably business class. To get there, I still feel confident, but I will check the flights again tomorrow. I have a lot to do to get ready for the trip. It’s not like it’s just around the corner. I will be across the world. I have to make sure everything is in order. I’m not really good at making lists, but I need to make some so that I will know that everything is taken care of.

My bike is sitting in the garage waiting to be ridden. Hopefully I will be able to find some time to start it up and ride around for an hour. I can go over to Seven Hills and do a lot of practicing. I’ll be home before noon tomorrow, so I should be able to work a ride into my schedule. I also have to begin to do some of my BASSM homework. I have to prioritize and accomplish a lot in the next four days. It should be an interesting time. Well, I may as well get to bed. Tomorrow will be an early day. It is good to be home though. My bed will feel good tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment