Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 99 - Releasing the Kingdom

It’s been a very long day, but it has bee a very good day. I just got back from school. It’s 11:15, and I really don’t feel like writing. The presence of God is just so strong, I would just like to sit and bask in His peace. But it’s late, and if I’m going to get this done, I need to write. It seems like work was an eternity ago. I was up at 3 and at work a little before 5AM. I did go buy and have lunch with my Dad and Allene. It was good to see him and we talked for a good while. It’s hard to believe he is 85. He’s having a few problems, but over all he is doing good for his age. “Good for your age”, what does that mean. I want to be doing good, not “good for my age”. I was listening to his ailments and I was thinking to myself that maybe I didn’t want to live to be that old. I want to live a good life, and maybe live to an old age, but I had rather burn out in a blaze of glory than rust out in a rocking chair. Well that’s my opinion right now. I was thinking that it wasn’t fair. Julia got to leave without having to go through with any of that. No, I definitely don’t want any long-term slow illness. I want and am declaring divine health until I just leave one day. It’s funny, but as I think about it, that’s what Julia did. She was totally healthy and then she was gone. She lived all of her life to the fullest. I just wish there had been more of it.

Tonight in worship we sang a song that was really good. I wrote down some of the words. The chorus said “We carry Your Kingdom everywhere we go.” That is so true, and how often we, I, forget. I get caught up in a mission going somewhere and I forget that I am God’s representative wherever I go. I forget to ask Him if there is anything He wants me to do wile I am out. I wind up going out and coming back never letting anyone know that the Kingdom of God has passed by them. When I think about it, I can be a good representative of the Kingdom. If I am intentional then I will probably ask God who to pray for, or go on an improvised treasure hunt. It’s the times that I am not intentional that I really need to work on. I am praying to hear His voice in everything that I do. This way I will bring the Kingdom into many more areas and have an opportunity to impact many more people. If we as believers are to help bring in this next generation to the Kingdom of God, we have to learn to be intentional no matter when or where.

I am about to graduate from the Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry. It sounds impressive. But we really ought to rename the school to the Bethel school of the Normal Christian Life. Because in reality, that’s what we have been doing. Learning how to live the normal Christian life, learning to live like Jesus did. What did Jesus do? He preached about the Kingdom of God, healed the sick, cast out demons, raised the dead and cleansed the lepers. So this is the life of Jesus, it should be our life’s message. We should always be releasing this. Before we can do this, we have to understand who we are in Christ. That’s what this year in school had primarily been about, identity. Until we realize who we are, we can’t minister effectively. So that’s why I’m going to year two, I want to see more of God’s power released and will see him. Now that I have my identity established I can go after anything that God tells me to see them.

I was able to talk with Faith for a little while tonight. I want to get her to pray for me. I know that she carries a great weight of impartation. I need more. She did tell me of an opportunity to travel with her team next summer. I’m going to try and make it work; I want to be known in Heaven and in Hell. I want to be able to heal the sick, cast out demons and to raise the dead. I’ve gained much this year, but there is still much more! I can’t wait.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Tom! For on this 100 day journey you and your blog have been instrumentally used by the Lord in my healing as well. We love you!! Kristian

    ReplyDelete