Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 103 - A Peaceful Day

Have you ever wondered why God made squirrels? I was wondering that today as I watched a squirrel sitting on top of my “squirrel proof baffle eating all the bird seed out of the bird feeder. To bad Noah let them on the boat. They are really nothing but rats with furry tails. I ate squirrel stew once or twice as a boy. I remember my friend Mike had a .22 rifle and used to shoot them out of the trees. Sometimes I really wish for simpler times. Anyway I had a 20% off coupon at the bird store, so this afternoon I bought a new “squirrel proof” bird feeder. I really wanted a gun, but I will settle for this for now. We will see how it works. It could be that the squirrels and bird storeowners have a conspiracy against homeowners.

All in all it has been a good day. I was off, and I slept in this morning. I realized that I had worked 8 out of the last 9 days plus school. No wonder I was tired. It was so pretty I was able to eat breakfast on the deck. It is one of my favorite places in the early morning on a summer day. I could just stay there and meditate or worship or just read. Today I was working on my Bible reading for BSSM. I am almost through. I will definitely finish tomorrow. I still have my prophetic art AMT homework to complete, but I will get it done tomorrow too. In fact if it rains tomorrow like they say it will, I will have time to do it all and watch some movies. I bought Avatar yesterday. I got it in Blu-Ray. I think it should be very good, and I can’t wait to watch it again. I am already seeing so much spiritual significance to the movie its unbelievable. So I really want to see it again. Tomorrow should be the day.

I did get a run in this afternoon. And we had 7 sozos tonight. Mine was very good. The guy definitely had an encounter with the Godhead. It was awesome! It is so good to see people set free. It was also good to watch new leadership in action. Ben and Kerry, Mike and Tonya had everything set up, and took control. They were great. It’s going to be fun working with them.

Today I was thinking about Julia. It was 39 years ago this month that we had our blind date and I asked her to marry her. I can still remember the date. We went to one of my friends apartments for dinner. There were about 4 couples. All the guys knew each other, and I knew all the other girls. They had been dating my friends for a while. Julia was probably the only one that didn’t know everybody else. We ate, and had a lot of conversation. She was holding her own with everyone else. She didn’t seem shy at all. I later found out that like me, she was very shy. But I couldn’t tell it then. She seemed like a woman who knew what she was after. She was very smart, finishing college a year early. I was definitely impressed. When we were eating desert, she spilled ice cream in her lap. It just seemed to fly out of the bowl into her lap. It definitely made a mess. I could see she was embarrassed, but I didn’t think less of her. On the contrary, I had been in that situation many times. In those days I was very clumsy and did a lot of things much worse. In fact It had the opposite effect on me. I just liked her even more. It made her real. We often laughed later on that the reason I married her was that she spilt the ice cream in her lap that night. So as I was spending the day at home, I was thinking about that first date. I had no idea what a gift that Father God was going to give me. I am so blessed to have been with Julia all these years. I am so blessed to have the memories that I have, and the children and grandchildren who all remind me of her so much.

This is going to be a very good weekend. I am off, with no plans except to get things done that I have been putting off. There is ironing to do, and some bills to pay. I have a talk to work on and movies to watch. Sunday I will go to church at least once, maybe twice. I want to be able just to have some time to meditate on His goodness, and hang out with Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit. So it can rain all day as far as I am concerned. There is a deep peace in the house tonight. I feel the Father’s pleasure. He loves me so much, and He is just enjoying me hanging out with Him for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment