Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 82 - Become Like a Child

The drive to Mobile was uneventful. It’s not too hard, but pretty boring. I stopped in Montgomery for a leisurely breakfast since Lisa was showing the house, and I couldn’t get there until 11:30. So at 11:30 I met them at the park near the house. I got a rousing welcome from Anna Roan. She came running into my arms laughing and all excited to see me. The drive was totally worth it just for that moment. We played at the park for about thirty minutes and then went to the house.

Julia would have loved today. The weather was great, and we spent most of the day outside. Anna was swinging, and playing with Jazzy and Lilly. I was swinging her or just watching in amazement. I forget what a great world three year olds live in. It is so simple and fun. The more I think about it, the more I believe that is how we are supposed to live. We have made it all too complicated. Didn’t Jesus say we must be come like little children? Their faith is so strong and so pure. There is right and there is wrong, no shades of gray. Their love is unconditional and given so freely. Their joy is unmistakable, and they haven’t gotten to the point that they desire all the stuff. The just need their needs met. Yes, it’s too bad we haven’t become more like them, because what I am describing is a person who is radically in love with God, and is seeking the Kingdom of God rather than his own gain.

I bought a Flip Video camera before I came down. I saw it in use on the mission trip. It’s small. It can easily fit in my pocket. It is easy to use and it works great. Anyway I was filming Anna and Julia some today. You just plug the camera into the laptops USB port and the video downloads. Anna was fascinated with it, and we spent a lot of time this afternoon watching her with the dogs and swinging. The camera and software are so easy to use. I emailed a couple of clips tonight just to see how they work, and it’s great. I can’t wait to get the Easter egg hunt tomorrow.

It is good to be with Lisa and all her family. I look forward to the same with Jennifer and her family next weekend. But I still find myself thinking about Julia and what she would be doing and what the kids would be doing with her. They miss her so. Anna Roan knows she is in heaven, but that concept is still hard to grasp for a 3 year old. Shoot, it’s hard for me to grasp. I keep waiting for her to come in from the other room, or call me on the phone. Sometimes I think I have grasped the reality of her being gone, yet other times I don’t think I have a clue. Well the worst thing I can do is to over analyze it all. If I am to become like a little child, then I really need to just go with the flow and take things as they come. So with that being the case, today was a good day and I will just have to deal with whatever comes tomorrow. But this I do know. I have a Good Daddy, and He keeps things right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment