Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 104 - Lazy Saturday

It has been raining most of the day, but that’s all right. We needed the rain, and it has given me an excuse just to stay home all day. I spent most all of the morning and early afternoon working on my homework for BSSM, and all afternoon watching movies. In between I washed clothes, folded clothes and made supper.

I am through with all my homework for the year. It is really hard to believe, and a little sad. I finished all of my Bible reading this morning and then spent an hour of so working on my prophetic art project. We were supposed to draw a prophetic picture for our selves. Then we were supposed to make it on a canvas or bigger than we normally do. I have decided that I am a 2 minute picture maker. I can do a pretty good job making it realistic and understandable in two minutes. Thwt’s because it doesn’t require much artistic talent. When you spend longer on the drawing, my lack of artistic talent shows up, big time. My prophetic picture was of an Eagle flying high above the clouds and thunderstorms. It represented me overcoming the storms of life. The clouds look OK, but the Eagle is really weak. Oh well. I did my best, and I had fun doing it. I will keep it because to me it represents what has been going on in my life for the last few months. I’ll take it to school and show the group on Monday. It was really good to get through with all of my reading. It feels good to have that out of my way.

This afternoon I watched Indiana Jones and the Chrystal Skull. It was OK, I have seen it twice already. It is still a good action movie and passed the time. While it was going on I made a pot of “Hobo Stew.” This is a dish my mom used to make when we were kids. You mix ground beef, chopped onions, chopped potatoes, corn and canned tomatoes and cook it all together. Add tobaccos sauce and you have a great meal. I cooked enough to eat it again and still freeze some for later. I also made guacamole tonight. It was great. So I have been doing more cooking today than I have in a long time. I’m actually getting better as a cook. My only regret for the day was that I didn’t get to the Y like I had planned. It took too much time to finish my reading this morning.

I just finished watching Avatar on my Blu ray DVD. I think this is the movie that they made Blu ray for. It was so crisp and the depth of field was almost as good as it was in 3D. Almost, but not quite; I would still pay to go see it again at the theater in 3D. But for DVD, it was excellent. The story is so good, with so many parallels in the spirit if you just think Kingdom. I’m not going to say anymore about the movie because I know that some of you haven’t watched it yet. You need to.
It’s funny, I was talking with one of my daughters today, and she said that she liked my blog yesterday, but she never knew that I was shy. I am, Julia and I both considered ourselves to be shy. I have learned to push through it over the years, but I still find myself wanting to just fade into the woodwork and not talk to people that I don’t know. I hate parties when I don’t know many people. I think I just really hate making small talk. I run out of things to say and I feel embarrassed. It’s funny, because when I am ministering, I’m not that shy. It’s like I need the anointing to break out of my box. I am doing better after all these years, but I still find myself wanting to just disappear, especially now that Julia’s not with me. We would always watch out for each other when we were in a strange place. I really miss that. Come to think of it, that might be part of the reason that I asked her to marry me on the first date. Who knows? It’s an interesting thought anyway.

I was just thinking about today. I think I have talked to three people all day. I did go to Publix for a few minutes, otherwise I have been home alone all day. A few months ago, that would not have been a good thing for me. But today I am fine with it. In fact, I sort of enjoyed it. It’s so seldom that I get to do it that I kind of liked it. Don’t get me wrong, I still miss Julia, but what I’m trying to say is that I wasn’t in pain or agony being by myself. On the contrary, I was really at peace. I believe God is teaching me how to live alone with His presence no mater what I am doing. This is not superspiritual, It’s just living life, knowing everything’s going to be OK. I can do this. I’m not an invalid. I’m not so old that I have to have a “Help I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” necklace. I have a lt of life to live, and a great deal of it will be alone. I’m learning that that is not necessarily bad. This is an interesting observation and I am writing it down as He is downloading it to me. So, I can enjoy being alone, just as I can enjoy being with people. As in all things the key is balance. The rain is still coming down, and I can hear it. It sounds good and refreshing.

Oh, I did see the stupid squirrels up on the bird feeders today. It was fun, because they were completely frustrated. They tried at least 3 times and weren’t successful. I still wish I had a gun. Well, it would have been to wet to stand out there ans shoot at them anyway. We will see what they try to do tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment