Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 89 - Home Alone

Well here I am on a Friday night home alone. You know what! It feels good. I am just so busy, and gone so much it really feels good to just be here by myself. I came in after running around at 3PM. Closed the garage door and just felt a relief. Sometimes you just need time to decompress. I am so busy working, going to school, doing other things with the church, that to be able to just spend an afternoon and evening with nothing to do is great. I was able to go fix the bird feeder that had been leaning too much. The feeders were empty, and I had to move the whole feeder to make it straight. I also had to put up the hummingbird feeder. Then I worked on the sound system for the TV that had been acting up. I checked all the speaker connections and made sure it was working properly. For dinner I grilled a steak, made a salad and a baked potato. It was great. Then I watched TV, and then a movie. It was a fun night, and I was so glad to spend so much time alone tonight. I do need that more often than I think. I realize that I have not been home very much. School has a lot to do with that. But school will be ending soon, so hopefully that will take care of it.
Tomorrow I will fly to Ft Lauderdale to see Jennifer, Sean , Adair and Meleah. I really miss seeing them and this will be a fun visit. Adair and Meleah are growing up so fast. It’s hard to believe that they are 12 and 10. Time just seems to fly by. I don’t know what we will be doing, but it really doesn’t matter. I just want to spend time with them, to show them how much I love them. It’s hard going to Mobile one weekend and then Ft Lauderdale the next. But it is so much easier for me to go ther than for them to come here. Some day that might not be the case, but that is years away, and we will deal with that if it comes.
I was reading over last night’s post, and I realized that I had forgotten a couple of things. First I am so thankful for Julia and 38 and a half years of marriage. She is still the love of my life, and I can still sense her presence with me most of the time. I am also so thankful for my parents who gave ne the fundamentals that I have based my life on. With out their strong biblical teaching, I might not be where I am today. The goodness of God is so great that He covers all the things we forget.
I’m sitting here writing, knowing that I still have to pack. This is my typical mode. By now, Julia would have been packed and almost ready for bed. Not me. It’s hard to pack when I am thinking, and I want to know that everything will work out OK. I will pack when I finish. How much can you pack for two days? As I was outside today, I could almost see Julia working in the yard beside me. I don’t know how I am going to get done all the things she has for me to do. I do know that I am not a weed puller. I will get some weed killer, and spray them. I don’t have time to pull them up. Well, it’s late, I’m tired and 4AM comes early. I think I will call it a night. It has been a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment