Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 194 - Give Thanks in All Things

I’m sitting here in my rocking chair tonight, listening to Love Came Down. I’ve written for 194 nights now, and I would bet that at least 100 of them I have done the same thing. It’s not always the same time, but if I’m home, this is where I will normally be. I admit that I enjoyed the porch when it was cool enough. Maybe I will be able to get back out there if it cools down any. Sometimes we fail to thank God for all that He is doing in our lives. I know that today was pretty uneventful. I went to work early, then I went to my Chiropractor/ Naturopathy. I am in great health, and I have a good job. That right there is enough to be thankful for. When I think of all that He has given me, and how little time I spend thanking Him, I get embarrassed.

Sure, we all have our problems. Many people have a lot more problems than I do. I am so blessed to just be able to live here and pretty much do what ever it is that I want to do. Think of how many people in this world would give anything to have a day like I had. And yet, I find myself taking it for granted. Wednesday when I was teaching the grammar school kids, I told them that when God does something good, we need to celebrate, cheer; do all those things. Well when I think about my day, I need to take m own advice. It was AWESOME. I mean it. How do you describe your ordinary days? I venture to say that you are like me, and that you take for granted all the good stuff Papa does for you during the day.

I went to the movie with friends tonight, and then I went out to eat. I am so thankful that I am healthy enough to do all that. I am thankful for friends that have been there for my family and me. I’m even thankful for entertaining movies. You know that when you are thankful, it is hard to be mad or upset. I’m not usually mad or upset anyway. I’m usually pretty easygoing but just being thankful begins to release new levels of joy and peace within. I wish that I could just give some of this peace to both my girls. They have both been working, and they have different areas that are attacking what all they have done this week. Lisa is looking for a car. Her GMC Envoy finally did things that she couldn’t keep repairing. So she sold it at Carmax and is now looking. I hate looking for cars. I know that as she looks, she needs more peace and joy. I pray that she finds it this week. Jennifer has been working 12 – 14 hour shifts for the last few days. I know that she is very tired, and still has more to do when she is up for it, So I will make sure that I pray for both of then as I get ready for bed for the night.

So, here I am, tired and sleepy. I didn’t get a power nap in and it’s been a long day. I think it’s really time to go to bed and catch up on a little sleep. That’s another thing I have to be thankful for: this house. It is such a great place to be with people, or when you are alone. So I go to bed tonight with thankfulness in my heart and on my lips. That is a good night, and I am so grateful for his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment