Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 176 - Another "Grand" Day

Today has been a joy. I have been with, around, playing with or holding grandchildren for what seems like all day. I know that’s not true because I went to the Y to work out this afternoon. But I have been with them for most of the day, and it truly has been “Grand”. They were up this morning when I came back home from the Steeds and I sat down and had breakfast with them. Then, Lisa went for a run with Julia and I took Anna Roan and Meleah outside. We had more blueberries to pick, so they started picking while I started watering the plants in the back. For the next hour or so, the girls were picking and playing while I was picking and watering. It was still very nice outside and we all really enjoyed ourselves. We went into the basement to play, and they even cleaned it up. By then, a couple of hours had passed, and we knew it was “pool time”. We all went to the pool, even Julia. She didn’t do much swimming though. She mainly just stayed in Lisa’s arms and splashed around the water. Someday soon though, she will be a great swimmer. I played in the pool with Meleah mostly but with Anna some. It was a busy afternoon.

I know that it had to have been hard for Lisa and Jennifer to just be here. They haven’t been in this house since they left after Julia was buried and Julia was born. I have some tasks that I have wanted them here to do, and they started on them today. Going through old clothes and jewelry is hard. But I want them to have what they want to keep of their mother’s. I can’t decide for them, this is what they have to do for themselves. All I can do is to make it as easy as possible. It has really been fun having both the girls and all the grandkids here this week. I know that Jennifer only has a day or so left, so I really want to be able to enjoy it with them all. Maybe we will get to do the pool again tomorrow. I hope so, because I have o work on Thursday and Friday.

I’m sitting outside in the porch writing my blog. It’s pretty early for me to be writing, but since I am not sleeping here, I want to get it done before I leave. It is beautiful again tonight. It’s a little warm, but not really to bad considering. The tree frogs are starting to make noise even though it is still light. Adair is down at Summer Camp. We saw a couple of pictures of her on the Internet. It looks like she is having a blast. I wish I was going down, but I can’t do everything. Oh well, I know that it is good.

I was just thinking about Julia. She loved the girls so much, and the grandchildren even more, if that were possible. She would really be in Heaven on earth if she were here. But she is in Heaven anyway. Her excitement and preparation would have been far superior to what I did, or was able to do. Despite that I think that we all have had a good time. It’s good for Lisa to take a break from the move. It will be back upon us soon. So, as I leave the house tonight I go out with fond memories of today: memories of “tossing” Meleah at the pool and swinging Anna Roan. Of course the memory of holding Julia Anne and seeing her laugh at me. I don’t know if my memories of Julia are any less since the kids have been here, but I do know that the loneliness is less. Although sometimes being alone is not such a bad thing. It sure has been fun having a full house, at least for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment