Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 175 - The Dedication of Julia Anne

Wow, It’s been a great day. RiverStone’s service was great. Worship was awesome and the testimonies were great and then Tom’s message and ministry tome were great too. But the greatest thing for me was seeing my granddaughter, Julia Anne, dedicated. The prayer Tom prayed over her, and having my friends and family standing with me was exciting and a really joyful occasion. I know that Julia was there standing over her as she was prayed over. Lisa could see her in worship today. That is where I sense her most also. It seems that the veil is so thin as we worship that we are sometimes able to see through it.

Then we got to take Adair, my oldest granddaughter down to youth camp. It is in Covington at the FFA campgrounds. Adair is a rising 7th grader this year and this is the first time she was eligible to go. I know that she is going to have fun, and that God is going to touch her in a very powerful way. She is already so open in the Spirit that He can’t help but touch her. It seems like only yesterday that we were taking Jennifer, her mother, soon to camp as a rising 7th grader. The only difference was that Julia and I would both be down there because we were camp counselors. We spent many years down at that camp sweating and praying. It is the cauldron of the Holy Spirit where RiverStone was actually birthed. This is going to be a powerful week, and I know that campers and counselors alike will be touched.

Last year, Julia and I were at camp along with many of our friends doing sozos for the students. This year there are teams going as well, but I won’t be going down this week. I’ve got all my family here plus I have to work on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. I will miss being there, but some things make me miss Julia more than others, and I think that I would really miss her at camp this week. Today when we got to camp, Adair pushed us out of her cabin as soon as she could. She wanted to meet her new cabin mates, without her mother, sister and papa being anywhere around. So we were in and out of the camp site in less than 15 minutes. That is a good sign, and I know that even though she didn’t know anyone, she will make many new friends.

Well, I did run Peachtree today. I completed my 30th. It’s a good milestone, and it was a fun day and we had great weather to run in. I met my sister Laura down near Piedmont park at 5:15. We took Marta up to Lenox and them hung out for what seemed to be an eternity. The changed the way they started the race. I think it worked out very well. My actual start time wasn’t until 8AM. But the run was not as backed up and crowded as normal. In fact, I was able to run the race over 6 minutes quicker than I ran it last year. Since I wasn’t in real good shape, I was very happy with my time. It was fun, but right now I don’t feel compelled to do it next year. If I’m in Atlanta I will do it, but who knows where I will be. I won’t schedule my life around it anymore. I’ve completed 30, anymore is gravy.

So I didn’t see fireworks today, but I did see them last night. I was driving over to the Steeds, and as I topped the hill just before their subdivision, I was able to stop and watch them for about 10 minutes. They were fun to watch. But the real fireworks that I want to see are the ones lit by Holy Spirit. I want to sense His love and presence more. His presence was strong with me all day. It was strong during my run as well as in worship. He loves to hang out with me, and I love His Presence. The chorus “I love, I love, I love your Presence” keeps ringing through my mind. It is so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment