Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 172 - Got the Luggage, But no Girls

I bet Adair and Meleah are going to hate flying as they grow up. Adair especially, I think that she has missed more flights in her young life than I have missed in my entire career with Delta. This morning was a zoo down in Ft Lauderdale. The girls got to the airport, checked their bags and then went to the gate. There they found out that a flight to Cincinnati had cancelled and Delta was trying to reroute all those people through Atlanta. So, their luggage came to Atlanta, but they missed the flight, and the next. It looked like they would miss all of them out of Ft Lauderdale, so I had Sean drive to Miami. It looked better there, and I really thought they would get out. That is until Delta sent some other passengers to Miami also. Things kept backing up so after missing about three flights there, they went home. We will try again tomorrow afternoon. If that doesn’t work, then Jennifer and the kids will try Saturday morning. Right now that is wide open. Think about it, who wants to fly in the middle of the 4th of July weekend? They have to make it then. Adair is going to camp on Sunday, and we have a big family cookout on Saturday afternoon. So, I went down to the airport to pick up the girls luggage. I didn’t want it to get lost. The only good news in this whole travel day is that their luggage is here at the house waiting for them

I had dinner at the house tonight and it wasn’t by myself. I think that since Julia died, I have had company for dinner here only a couple of times. Tonight, Lisa fixed dinner for us. It was really enjoyable eating with her, Anna and Julia. I don’t guess Julia ate too much, but she definitely kept us occupied. I went to Harry’s Market today and bought more groceries than I have bought in three months. That was fun too. I fixed the swing for Anna Roan, replacing the “baby” swing with a “big girl” swing. But I was out running around today and didn’t get to play with her as much as I wanted too. I work tomorrow morning early. Yes, another 3AM get up. In fact, all of my periods this month are 3AM getups. Twelve times I will have an early wake up. The good news is that I will be off early every day. Now if I can only stay awake!

I don’t think that I have written about it, but I had my interview for 2nd year at BSSM last week before I went to Mobile. I am officially accepted, and I am really looking forward to starting. We start September 12th and will go until April 30th. I’m going to Australia in September on a ministry trip with Scott and Lacy Thompson. It should be great. I’ve been looking forward to this all summer. I’ll talk more about it as it comes closer. I don’t know if you have seen Robin Hood yet. I’ve seen it twice and there is a phrase that keeps drawing itself towards me. “Rise and rise again, until the Lambs become Lions.” It has to do with men gaining freedom from the tyranny of the King. Sometimes we have to continue to stand and press into what we know is right. Even if we fail, we lay the groundwork for future generations. Everything we do affects our children and grandchildren and even their children. A man or woman’s inheritance is not just in money. That is probably the least. No the greatest inheritance that we can leave future generations is to continue to press into things that we cannot see any results; because if we do, we are laying the foundation for future generation’s success.

Martin Luther pressed into Justification by Faith. He pushed the envelope. He had many failures and not many successes that he could see. But because of Him, we take Faith for granted. We no longer feel that we have to “do penance” for our sins. No they are forgiven because “by faith” we asked Christ to forgive them. Some of the things in the Kingdom, especially in healing, that we are going after now, and seem so hard, our children’s children are going to take for granted. We need to continue to rise and rise again. Only as we do this will the Lambs become Lions. I want to leave a great inheritance when I pass on into the next life with Christ. We can’t do this by sitting in our seats; we have to take action. We are all called to run our own race, and your ‘action” will probably look much different than my “action”. But we have to step out and “do. So, in the immortal words of Nike, “Just Do It!” Whatever it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment