Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 49 - Busy Week Ahead

Church was great today. Steve Hambrick’s message was one of the best I have heard him preach. It’s no wonder that Vintage 242 is growing. I’m excited at what God is doing in Paulding county. After church I went to lunch with friends, and then came back to do the dreaded deed that I have been putting off for over a month. I started getting all m tax information together for my accountant. Actually I started yesterday morning before I got called into work. Well it only took a couple of hours and I was complete. It wasn’t as bad as I thought. Now, I will get it to my accountant tomorrow and hopefully have to deal with it only a couple of more times.
Then I was able to work on my homework for BSSM. I was able to get most of that done, and I will finish it in the morning. I have tomorrow morning off. I am not working tomorrow, but have to be at outreach at 3 down in Tyrone, and then at class at 6. But then it starts. I work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Then Sunday I leave with my BSSM team for a week in Nicaragua. We will be there for a week. I am looking forward to it. We will be preaching in Churches, ministering in the streets and holding open-air meetings. It should be fun, and exciting. I can’t wait to see all that God is going to do. I am going to continue my blog while I am there. I will write each day. Whether or not I get it on the Internet each day is yet to be determined. For one thong, there is a two hour time difference, so it might be very late, or the next day before it comes online. However, I will post it, even if there are multiple postings to catch up on some days. I will try to share all that we are doing, and testimonies of what happens. It should be exciting and fun. At least the weather will be warm. The temperature should be in the 90’s. That will be a welcome break. I can’t believe that we have snow in the forecast again this week.
I realized tonight that I am watching a lot less TV now than I did before. Part of the reason is that I am spending so much time writing, and I’m just not home that much. The house still seems very big, and very empty. I did get the crepe myrtle trimmed in front, Julia would be happy about that. Btu I have so much yard work to catch up on. I need to cut back all the knockout roses, spread pine straw, cut back the border grass. The list goes on and on. Normally Julia trimmed all the roses. I would spread the pine straw, cut the grass and edge. She did all the rest. She loved your work. I don’t like it. I’m thankful that we are at least in a small yard. But it’s still too big for me. Well, I had better get used to it, because that season is upon us. I do love our back yard though. Last fall we had it totally redone, with two terraces, and plants put in. We took out all the grass, and made it completely natural. I got Julia a wooden swing to put in the lower part, and we really enjoyed the summer. We would go out in the early morning, or late afternoon when it cooled down. We would just sit on the swing together and talk. I could even reach the Internet on my laptop with my wireless connection. It’s also a great place to have a quiet time alone with God. I can’t wait until the weather gets warmer. I know that is going to be a special place to remember her at.
I guess the only thing about spring coming that I will miss is having a fire at night. I’m not sure I can write anywhere else. I’ve gotten comfortable writing here by the fire in my rocker. I look forward to sitting here at night writing. I’ve got to decide on what I want to do my next AMT (Advanced Ministry Training) on. I’m already late. I should have had it turned in by Friday. There are too many good choices. One of the choices is writing. The talk about how to get started writing a book, and working with publishers. Another is on Outreach. It’s about developing an outreach in your community. There is one on advanced Prophecy, another on Kingdom Government. They all seem so good. I’m leaning between writing and outreach. I have to decide by tomorrow. I’ll have to pray more about it tonight. Well I’m finishing early for a change. I know it will be a late night tomorrow so I think I will try to get to bed a little earlier tonight.

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed hearing Steve today too! Great message. That's exciting about the trip to Nicaragua. Awesome! Can't wait to hear about that.
    I'm impressed you are thinking about yard work... it's been so cold. I am ready for SPRING! I am not much for yard work either, but I do enjoy being outside in the sun shine!!
    PS - we finally saw AVATAR (in 3D) and do agree with your blog reviews about some prophetic things. And what a picture of a "church" that has life... where EVERYONE is pressing in! WOW! There were several things that Brent and I talked about on the way home. Great movie.

    ReplyDelete