Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Rainy Saturday

Well, after such a perfect day yesterday, today was just the opposite. It’s been cloudy all day, and around 1PM this afternoon, the rains finally arrived. It’s just been a cool, dark, damp day. I was able to get a work out in, but I didn’t run today. Now I am regretting that, and wishing that I had gone out this morning. As I look at my schedule it will be Tuesday before I am able to actually get in a good run. I read this morning and was fairly lazy hanging around the house.

This afternoon, I did what everyone seemed to be doing on this rainy day. I went to a movie. I saw “The Adjustment Bureau” with Matt Damon. It was an excellent movie and I highly recommend it. In fact, I am going to see it again, maybe tomorrow afternoon if it is still rainy. There is just so much in it that I can’t even begin to write about it. I have to see it again to process, then I’ll probably write about it. There were many levels to think about and process, no, I have to see it again and soon.

So here I am sitting by the fire in my rocking chair. Yes, by the fire. When I cam in, it there was a chill in the house, so a fire was in order. It could be the last fie of the season. In some ways I hope so, but I do miss not having it burning when I am sitting here writing. I’m listening to “Love Came Down” tonight. I haven’t heard it in a long time, and tonight it seems appropriate. I got a prophetic word from a friend tonight. It was really something that I am doing, but sometimes it’s good to hear it again. “ Enjoy the past and embrace the future”. I know that is what I am trying to do. I am so thankful for all that I have had, but I am so excited about what God is going to do in the future. I t is as if all I have gone through, all that Julia and I did, everything has gotten me to this point in history. Here I am standing at the top of a precipice overlooking a deep chasm. I know that it is time, yet to take the next step means that I have to leave behind comfortable things. I have to be willing to risk. It’s like everything I have been talking about in the Kingdom, and being willing to change is here upon me saying “it’s time to put up or shut up”. These next few days will be the beginning of something new. What that looks like I don’t know. What the old looks like after that, I don’t know.

I just know that I have a destiny and it’s tied up in my dreams. I know that this is a season of change and this year is a year of transition. So how can I expect anything to look like I think it should look. The only thing that I do know is that next year will look different than this year. I know that God loves me, my family loves me and my friends love me. I know that I am in His hands, and that even if I were to make a mistake, it doesn’t matter. He is greater than all my mistakes. So I am willing to risk and take that leap off the cliff as it were. Of course, I am being way to dramatic. Only to me is what I am thinking about even a big deal.

I have been so blessed. Every time I think about the past, I realize how blessed I have been, but even more than that I AM blessed, right now. And with that blessing comes responsibility and destiny. I am excited about every aspect of my future. Things will be different in many ways, but that will be a good thing, not a bad thing. Different is not bad or good, it’s just different. So as I move into this new week, I embrace difference, and change. I embrace the fulfillment of dreams and the beginning of destiny. I do embrace this year of transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment