Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Class Project

One of the things we are doing in second year is to divide up into groups and think of a project to accomplish. There are about five different groups. My group’s idea was to try and think of something to bring Father’s and Son’s together. It fit in with my calling to reach this next generation, so I thought this would be a good fit. After much discussion and thought, we decided to develop an “Father – Son” day for Bethel Atlanta. The purpose would be to reconnect Fathers with Sons.

We divided up into two groups. One group was working on the outside activities and the other was working on the teaching and inside activities. I wound up on the inside group. In fact I have been assigned to teach the Fathers in the first session. We are in the planning stages now, but we were going to try and have it on April 16th. I don’t think that is going to happen. There are tow many outstanding issues to resolve. So we probably won’t give it until after the school year is over.

For the past two nights we have had Bobby Conner. He is definitely a true prophet, and if you get the chance to listen to him, please do. It’s funny, but even in the midst of all that was going on, you could see this man’s heart. You see, I believe that all true New Testament prophets share one characteristic. Their number one priority is Malachi 4:6/ They are here to turn the hearts of the Father’s back to the Son’s and the hearts of the Son’s to the Fathers. We live in a fatherless generation. Look at all the children raised by single parent (mainly women) households. This Orphan Spirit runs deep through out our society, and it’s up to the church to bring it down.

How do we do it? I believe that we do it by releasing His love wherever we go. We need to reflect Father God. How do we do that? By radical and instant obedience to the call that we get from Jesus. All through the New Testament, Jesus shows us the Father. How? He shows us the Father by living His life. I’ve said this many times: Jesus Christ is perfect theology. He said “If you have seen me, you have seen the Father.” In Hebrews the bible says that Jesus is the perfect representative of the Father. All we need to do is look at Jesus and see the Father.

So what do you tell a father who is struggling to maintain relationship with his son? What do you tell a son who’s father doesn’t show love and affection? My job will be to try and connect them to the real Father. I will try to get them to se themselves as son’s. Before you can really be a father, you have to learn to be a son. That will be my primary job; teaching them about son ship. I will talk about their fathers and lead them into forgiving their real father. I will ask Holy Spirit to come and release His deep and abiding love. Anyway that’s the plan. After all, it is all about love. I don’t have anything else to give them.

No comments:

Post a Comment