Sunday, February 20, 2011

What are You Afraid Of?

Think for a minute. Stop reading and really think. What is it that you are afraid of, right now? Is there anything? Maybe you are afraid of losing your jb, or losing your house? After all, we live in hard economic times. Probably if you listen to enough TV you will be afraid of something. I used to be afraid of a lot of things. After I retired from Delta, I was afraid that they would go bankrupt. They did. I was afraid I would lose a lot of my pension. I did. You know what. I’m still here, and still living and enjoying life. Sure, I’v e made adjustments, but we can’t fear anything.

Think of it this way. Picture what you are afraid of, and then try to picture Father, or Jesus or Holy Spirit. How big is the thing that you are afraid of in relation to them. It should be very small. When I began to fear things, I immediately have to think of Papa and how big He is and how much He loves me. I have to believe, no trust. I have to trust that He will watch over me no matter what the circumstances are. I have to know that He will make all things work for good, even when they don’t look good.

I have learned so much of this the past year. I now know that nothing can really harm my spirit as long as I stay connected to the Godhead. Sure, I can feel pain and suffer loss. But this loss will pale in comparison to what Papa has for me. We have to become like Paul who was at peace in any situation. Tonight I am sleeping in a very nice Condo on the beach in Hilton Head, but that is not always the case. We all have areas where we are pressed by the circumstances of life. We all deal daily with things that, if we let them, would overwhelm us. But we can’t letl them. We as believers have to take authority over our situation. Maybe the situation doesn’t change, but we change in the situation. That is our calling. We are called to bring salt and light into situations that need salt and light. That could mean situations that we are dealing with.

Everyone has problems. The question is this: Do the problems define you, or do you define the problem? I want to be the one that defines the problem. Part of the way we do this is to live from the third heaven looking down. You see, all our problems are here on earth in this level. But we are seated in heavenly places, at the throne of God with Jesus. We have to learn to live from above, looking down at our problems. As we look down, they don’t seem as bad as they do when we look at them from our perspective e down here. Down here they can overwhelm us. But looking down, we see them from God’s perspective and they don’t feel so big.

So I close tonight with this. What do you fear? Try to look at it from a heavenly perspective. Ask Papa to show you how He will watch over you. Ask Him to show you how much He loves you. Then trust in Him, and His perfect love. He will be there with you, even if you have to walk through a valley. You are His, and He adores you, and me. I’m so glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment