Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Little R&R

Back when I was in the Air Force in Hawaii, we always had soldiers coming over from Viet Nam for R&R (Rest and Recuperation). The Army would fly their wives or parents out to meet them at Ft DeRussy. The fort was a stretch of beach right in the middle of Waikiki that was along the beach. It had an club and beautiful grounds. They would put the soldiers up in hotels. This would be in the middle of their one year tour in the war zone. It was a great time and a good thing the army did for morale in the midst of an unpopular war.

After the last seven days, I felt that I was on R&R today. It was nice to sleep in until about 8:30. It was even nicer to do what I wanted to do all day and not have a schedule to meet. I was able to work on my dream list for my life coaching session. Yes, I’m still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up! Then I went to the “Y”. I was able to run four miles on the treadmill sit in the hot tub and then go to Costco. I also went by RiverStone to see Terry. Later in the day, John and Biddie cam over to make Chili for our Dinner and a Movie tomorrow night. We are going to watch Secretariat. It is an awesome movie with a very prophetic story.

Tonight I cooked an organic pizza that I got at Costco last week. Then I started a pot of vegetable soup to eat the rest of the week. It’s best if it sits for a couple of days. It should be great by the weekend. I’m off until Sunday. That means I can get some needed chores done around here, and also work out every day. I’m looking forward to the time off.

I was thinking about all the things that Don Potter talked about last night; especially about how it is not our job to judge. In fact, the Bible says it is the Holy Spirit that will bring conviction. So many times we, the church, feel that it is our job to judge, We try to bring conviction to sinners, but that’s not our job. Our job is to share the gospel. What does gospel mean? I think it means “good news”; the good news that Jesus came and died for our sins. That’s a lot different than bringing judgment. It’s a lot different than us trying to bring conviction. If we can connect them to the love of Christ, then the Holy Spirit will be able to do His work. We don’t have to do it for Him. In fact, if we try we probably do more harm than good. That’s how most of the world got the wrong view of the church.

Changing the subject, it’s interesting writing a list of 25 things that you would do if money and time were no object. I got my list and then I realized that I used money as no object, but I didn’t give myself unlimited time. I might have to go back and revise my list. Anyway, most of my dreams and visions are on that list along with other things I would really like to do. I did write my life’s mission statement today. I had done it once before at school. I think it is similar to what I had said before, just a little different. Here it is: My mission in life is to restore, empower and release the next generation into their destiny by leading them to the heart of the Father. I believe that it is focused enough. I can do many things to accomplish it. I still see a company of fathers releasing the Father’s heart and the goodness of God to youth who feel fatherless. It should be a fun season.

It will be interesting walking that out. I also see mission and ministry trips to Latin America as well as Europe. Sozo will play an important role. There is not much time. Time is my most important possession and I must use it more wisely than I have been using it. Well, that’s it for tonight. Time for a little R&R.

No comments:

Post a Comment