Thursday, February 24, 2011

Relentless Generation

Everything worked as planned this morning as far as travel to Salt Lake City. John drove me to the Savannah airport. I got there about 4:30 and caught a 5:30 flight that got to Atlanta at 6:30. By 7AM I was sitting in my seat of the flight to Salt Lake City. The flight to SLC was a little less than 4 hours, so we got here around 10AM Mountain time. We were met by the youth pastor Andrew and some of the other members of his team. After getting breakfast/lunch, depending on your time zone, we went to the hotel. Scott and I were expecting to share a room, but we were staying at these Hyatt suites and we each have our own suite. Very nice!

We had a couple of hours to rest, so I got a quick nap after we went to Target to buy a few things. Oh yes, they loaned us a car too. So we got back and took a nap. Then we met most of the team from the church at a local Starbucks. Then we went to dinner. Tonight was a worship and prayer service for the conference, which begins tomorrow night. It was very good. The worship leader is from Las Vegas and his team had come in earlier in the day.

The title of the conference is “Relentless Generation”. My prayer is for a generation that is so relentless in their pursuit of God and His Kingdom that they will never give up or stop going after more of Him. If one generation would truly get sold out for God, we could change this nation and the world. Our hope and prayer is that this is much more than a conference. If it is just an event where kids worship and a few people are healed, but it doesn’t impact the community in any way, then we will have failed. We are looking for something that will have a lasting impact in the schools and outside the four walls of the church. I believe it can happen here. After seeing the heart and passion of most of the kids at the prayer meeting, I know that God can use them.

The conference has over 400 signed up, so it should be a good group. Our workshops will be on Saturday afternoon from 2 – 3:30. I plan on finalizing what I am going to speak on sometime tomorrow. We have a pretty free day tomorrow, so I should have plenty of time to work on it. Hopefully I will be able to run on the treadmill tomorrow morning as well. It’s way too cold to run outside. It is beautiful though. The snow on the mountains is absolutely breathtaking. I had forgotten how pretty it was here in the winter. It’s much different than Hilton Head. It’s hard to believe I was there just last night.

I am really praying for this conference. You see, you don’t have to be young to be a part of the Relentless Generation. All it takes is a passion for Him and the willingness to pursue Him and His love at any cost. I am a part of that generation. So are many of my friends. I want to see breakthrough this weekend. I can almost taste it. It taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment