Sunday, February 13, 2011

Receiving a Revelation

I am so glad to have a job. It is a blessing to be able to work as a flight instructor for Delta. But sometimes I really wish I didn’t have to work, especially on Sundays. This is the third Sunday in a row I have worked. But at least I got to go to church on the first two. This morning I worked from around 9AM to about 3PM. That messed me up at RiverStone and Bethel. I also missed going down to L5P. So it was sort of a bummer of a day.

I did get to go and teach in our healing prayer training tonight. That was awesome, but it didn’t make up for what I missed today. Now I will be out of town for the next three weeks. People at RiverStone are going to think I am a guest when I get back. Well, it will all work out, and I am going to get to go to the conference this week and then our time in Utah and Nicaragua. It’s not like I am not going to be able to receive and give out.

Tonight is the first time I have gotten to be at our healing prayer training in about six months. We only do it once a quarter, so I only missed one. I only had about 20 minutes to talk about our theology of Healing. I could have talked for an hour easily. But it still boils down to the fact that Jesus Christ is perfect theology. If you have seen Him you have seen the Father. Everything He did on earth, He did as a man, full of the Holy Spirit. So He is our model and example. God is good and He is in a good mood and does good things.

I did have time to give more scripture and go into much more detail. As I was getting ready to teach I realize for the first time since Julia’s death how much more authority I had in the Spirit to speak of these things. I felt Holy Spirit tell me that what was once theory in my mind and heart, was now fact; a fact that was permeating every joint and sinew of my body. I have walked through the fire, believing this, but now I have come through the other side, knowing it. There is a difference between believing and knowing. In believing, or trusting, you have to move in faith and hope. When you know, you can just rest in it. It’s easier to impart what you know rather than what you believe.

I still believe many things, many more than I know. I can teach and even impart some of the things I believe, because I have a measure of experience in them. But knowing something gives you so much freedom. I know the Father heart of God. I know Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit intimately. I know the goodness and grace of God. I know His love and His heart toward us. I can give this away. No, I must give this away for it is a gift that Papa gave me in the darkness of grief and loss when I was clinging to His arms to keep from being swept away in grief and despair.

It is part of the Divine Justice that will be reaped from Julia’s death. It is a weapon of the Spirit to be wielded to bring many into a deeper relationship to Him. The pearl that is formed from the grain of sand called loss. I have been given a great gift. With this gift comes great responsibility (Spider Man 1). Seriously, I am responsible to share the nature of Him whenever I can. No one can attack the reality successfully. They will try, but will fail, Thank you Father for all the gifts you give to me. But thank you for allowing me to know your goodness. It is such a privilege to share your heart. Help me to share it whenever I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment