Saturday, February 12, 2011

Life is Never Still

It’s obvious when you think about I, but most of the time we don’t think. Life is always moving forward, never backward and never still. Sometimes it might seem like it stops or even moves backwards, but it is constantly, almost methodically, moving forward. So why is it that we try to stop time or even go back to times past. I heard someone say that if you are thinking more about what life was like than you are thinking about what it will be like than you are already dying.

I’m still focused on dreams. It’s important that we not only think about our dreams, we need to speak them out loud. Having the words come from our lips and out into the air is very powerful. We don’t realize the power of the spoken word. Words do make worlds. If we never speak it out, we will never do it. That’s why it is so important that we tell someone of our dreams. That is really the first step in seeing them come to pass. Last Sunday at lunch, a good friend was sharing their dreams with me, and I was sharing mine. It was a good time. You begin to know someone by knowing their dreams. Then tonight our dinner and a movie crew spent time sharing a few of our dreams as well. It was powerful just to hear them spoken out.

One of my friends dreams was to be a good photographer. He then started talking about what a good picture captured. It was beautiful to hear his description of the depths and light. It’s amazing how just an instant can be captured. It really is like the prophetic. We see for an instant, but the depth of fields, the details that we describe can change lives and destinies. But even more, it was important to hear his passion about it. I almost wanted to be a good photographer too. Dreams demand passion, and passion demands action. So if you constantly have your dreams before, and your passion for them increases then you will wind up taking action. But if you put your dreams on the shelf because you are too busy then you will never take action on them. They will stay dreams, hidden in the recesses of our heart.

I have been given a chance to start taking action on one of my dreams. My dream of traveling and ministering the Father’s heart is beginning to come to fruition. I’m getting to take a trip to Utah with Scott at the end of the month. I’m going to do a workshop with the kids. I think it will be on showing them the love of the Father. I’m still thinking of a title, but I have to have it tomorrow night. I’m still thinking about what it will be. But the workshop will be one of talking about the heart of the true father, and how much He loves them. I’ll probably contrast His love with the love of earthly fathers who are not perfect, and leave wounds and lies. If things go well, I will lead them into some forgiveness and then to a deeper love of the Father. That will lead to encouragement and a new self-identity. That’s the rough plan right now. If you have ideas, send me a comment.

Anyway, it is a start of what I know that Papa wants me to do with the rest of my life. I spoke this dream out loud for the first time about six months ago, and here I am. It is such a blessing and favor of God to allow me this opportunity. Now, with His anointing and presence, it should be a good time. No, life is never still, always moving. So the best thing we can do is to just dive in, swimming forward allowing the current and our dreams to direct us.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you'll have time to read it, but "Enjoying God" by S.J. Hill is one of my favorite books! It is all about the Father-heart of God. A long time ago (shortly after my salvation), I read "The Father Heart of God" by Floyd McClung Jr. It is a good book and it really helped me as a new Christian. "Enjoying God" took it many steps deeper. www.sjhillonline.com

    Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ill look into it. Have you ever read "Experiencing the Fathers" Embrace or "From Spiritual Slavery to Spiritual Sonship", by Jack Frost? They are both very good books about the Farther's Heart as well.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete