Saturday, February 5, 2011

Vegetable Soup

Well, I did get a run in this afternoon. That’s probably the most productive thing that I did all day. Last night I didn’t get to bed until after 1AM so I slept in this morning. Then I cleaned house, paid some bills and read a little. I also listened to music. Not a very exciting day, but it was my last day off for a couple of days, so it was nice. It was sunny and cold, I’m still waiting for another “spring day”. Hopefully the weather will start turning in another month or so. I did get to talk to my girls today. They are doing OK, but I wish I could see them sooner than I’m going to be able to see them.

Tomorrow is another long day. It’s almost like last Sunday. I work an A period and then go to Bethel Atlanta; lunch with friends and then to out reach. But then I’m driving back down to Newnan to a Super Bowl party. It should be a fun day, but it will be long. I’ll probably leave at halftime to drive home.

I did eat some of the soup that I had fixed a couple of days ago. It’s delicious and I am glad that there is still a lot left. I’m sure it will be gone by the end of the week. Some days you just need to relax. Yesterday was pretty full and tomorrow was packed. I’m glad today was just a nice leisurely day. So what does life look like when it’s just happening? This new normal can be exciting when you are around people, but it can be very boring sometimes too, especially when you are alone. I’m so thankful to have friends, and as I look on the horizon, I don’t really see too many boring days. It’s just some nights I really feel a download in my spirit when I start writing, and some days, like today just seem sort of blah.

In the midst of all this, God is still good, and He is in a good mood. I pray that outreach tomorrow would just be great, and everything would fall into place for a great afternoon. It should be fun, after all, we are releasing the Kingdom wherever we go.

1 comment:

  1. I love making soups and freezing them. During our fast I made my husband a vegetarian soup. Even my son liked it! :-)

    We have our date nights on Thursdays. If you are available, we can meet you. My email is vblasczyk@yahoo.com. We would love to get to know you more!

    ReplyDelete