Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 351 - Shift Change

Well, Jennifer and Sean left this morning and Lisa and the kids are all packed up to leave early in the morning. So, I guess the question is was it what I thought it would be. I don’t know, because I didn’t have any specific expectations. My goal was to get the family together to have each other as we celebrated our first Christmas without Julia. So I guess it was a success because we all seemed to have a good time. Sure there were a few tears, and some lonely sighs, but we were together, and that’s what mattered.

I love my daughters and it was really good to see them, especially when I could get them both in the same room. It was really great to talk with both of them in person and not just on the telephone. But it was just so much fun seeing and interacting with all of my granddaughters. Each one is so unique. Each one has so much potential and so much destiny. We had a ball. I had so much fun with each of them.

Lisa leaves tomorrow. The roads up north are much better and they are leaving at 5AM so that they can get home before dark and any moisture starts to refreeze. We spent most of the evening cleaning up, washing sheets and towels. But the house is pretty clean and it looks presentable. It doesn’t look like 9 people have been here all week. It needed to be cleaned. John and Biddie are coning in tomorrow and stay here with me until the 1st.

It’s been a great 10 days with the kids and I wouldn’t trade anything for it. But I am looking forward to the next few days of chilling, riding bikes and just hanging out with friends. I need to rest and get recharged. I start off the New Year with a bang. I work on the 2nd thru the 5th. Plus I have homework to finish this week for school. I just finished watching the Falcons lose after watching Tech lose. It hasn’t been a good day in Atlanta for football. At least for Atlanta, they played a good game. Tech just gave their game away with fumbles. Well, that’s what they did for the whole season, so why should they change.

2011, I know that I will probably write more about it as it gets nearer, but I can’t help but think about what was going through my mind in 2010. It certainly wasn’t about this blog or Julia’s death. No it was with excitement of what 2010 would bring. Sometimes I can’t help but wonder about what signs I missed, or where I didn’t hear any warning. Was I so consumed with what we were doing that I didn’t take notice of what was going on around me? Too many questions without answers. I just have to trust that I was hearing and seeing. I have to allow papa and His goodness to wash me over and over hen I get stuck on all the what if’s. So as I approach 2011, I want to take time to step back and examine everything around me. I need to look for anything that would keep me from hearing what He is trying to say to me. I want to heed any warning I might sense in the Spirit. Hopefully in these next few days, I will be able to take some time to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment