Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 330 - Birthday Week

While others are getting ready for Christmas, I have more pressing business. I’m late sending out family birthday cards. Today was the day I was going to shop for them and get them in the mail. I planned on having time between work and school. I was going down to Peachtree City to see Dad and I figured I would have time to get then there. Sean’s birthday in December 8th; Jennifer’s birthday is December 11 and Anna Roan’s is December 12. I know that I can get Anna Roan’s and Jennifer’s there on time, but Sean’s is a lost cause. He will just have to give me grace : > ) I know He will. I didn’t get down to Peachtree City to see Dad this afternoon. We had an instructor sick out and they needed me to stay for an extra period. I didn’t really want to, but I was one of their only options, so I did. Well, I have to get the cards on the mail tomorrow.

I really wanted to go to Anna Roan’s for her 4th birthday. I know it will be fun, but I’m working on Sat afternoon and Monday morning. It would be hard to get to Virginia for that Sunday. We will see each other on the 19th anyway, so I guess it won’t be too bad. Jennifer got her present today. I meant to tell her it was coming and not to open it, but I forgot, and sure enough, she opened it. It’s just not right being so far away that you can’t just carry a present over to the house. Well, I am blessed that I can get on a plane to see them.

I’m sitting here listening to Christmas music, and I know that it should feel like Christmas to me, but it really doesn’t; at least not yet. If it wasn’t for the Christmas music it would seem just like another week. Maybe when I get the tree up in Hilton Head. I saw a neat tree in Redding at the River House where we stayed. It was a Christmas Palm Tree. It had lights on the trunk and then on the leaves and the leaves were decorated. Shoot, I might get one if I’m here next Christmas. It was really neat looking, and it looked easy to decorate. It wasn’t your traditional tree, that’s for sure.

Christmas is so special. It is the birth of our Savior and the renewal of hope on the earth. It comes in winter when it is cold and bleak. I can’t imagine not celebrating Christmas. I remember in one of the Narnia booksl I think it was in “The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe” they mentioned having always winter and never Christmas. No that would be sad. That would be very depressing. So, I will have Christmas! My family will have Christmas; we have much to celebrate and to give thanks for. It’s going to be a good Christmas and a great ending to 2010. But I still have to get ready. What’s more pressing is I have to get those birthday cards mailed tomorrow. After all, this is birthday week.

No comments:

Post a Comment